Dementeleus

X-Men: The Last Stand (2006)

X-Men: The Last Stand (2006)  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it.

The utilization of Angel has to be the most laughably incompetent handling of a new character to a franchise I've ever seen.

You spend a minute devoted to him in the teaser BEFORE THE OPENING CREDITS, and then utilize him for less than 4 minutes during the rest of the film doing nothing?

Mutants having limited screen time and being put in for fanservice purposes is nothing new for the X-Men franchise, but a common (and usually effective) cinematic trait is when introducing a new character in the "teaser", you normally have them play major roles in the proceeding film.

Edited by Squaremaster316
  • Like 1

The best SH movie ever made, with a lot of breathtaking scenes. The plot, the hero turns dark idea was so appealing to me (the scene where Scott finds Jean and she kills him is so mind boggling) and I love Famke Janssen. She was the perfect Jean. Also the ending for this was the best of any CBM I've ever seen. Fitting and not affraid of getting people mad.

A+

Edited by James

The best SH movie ever made, with a lot of breath taking scenes. The plot, the hero turns dark idea was so appealing to me (the cene where Scott finds Jean and she kills him is so mind boggling) and I love Famke Janssen. She was the perfect Jean. Also the ending for this was the best of any CBM I've ever seen. Fitting and not affraid of getting people mad.

A+

malohchrist_zpsa32812c0.gif

• Like 7

well lets see, the Magneto lifting the bridge sequence was awesome, beast was awesome, the flouting house sequences was cool and the final battle was pretty good. way to much focus on Wolverine, construed plot, undeveloped character with Angel, who could have been awesome, major plot holes, Cyclops was dealt with Horribly.. again  eh. B-

• Like 1

Everything great about previous X-Men movies is gone. The tight plotlines that never feel overly complex. The good character work in spite of a focus on Wolverine. Cool utilization of powers. Logical progression of character arcs. Thrilling action. It's all gone. In it's place is a hackneyed plot that is the definition of two movies put in one. Every single character except Wolverine acts completely unlike themselves. The way the film treats Mystique and Rogue, two extremely important supporting characters in the previous film, is disturbingly uncaring. Despite a bigger role, Magneto feels off; like a plain evil bad guy without the interesting motivations of the previous films. Storm too features in the film much too heavily to care for, although I suppose one could point to the complete character destruction of Xavier for the cause of Storm's issues. The only person who is actively good in the movie is Kelsey Grammer's Beast, but he can't save this trainwreck. X-Men: The Last Stand attempts to ruin the X-Men franchise's legacy but yet, manages to be bad enough that one can repress it, and thankfully still enjoy the other films. F