CJohn

Friday Numbers DHD - Breaking Dawn 72M!

Talking WOM with a Twi film is kind of pointless. The fans always love the films for about a week. EVERY film has had "great WOM" opening weekend. They'll hate it by next weekend.

I don't think they'll hate it by next week or anything, but I remember Eclipse getting quite a positive WOM from fans when it first came out.... and as well some people who weren't exactly fans of Twilight. It seemed to be really loved when it first came out. It's only now I'm hearing that it apparently didn't have great word of mouth. Either that or I'm misunderstanding something. I swear though, it was not that way a year and a half ago. Edited by Trixie99

I don't think they'll hate it by next week or anything, but I remember Eclipse getting quite a positive WOM from fans when it first came out.... and as well some people who weren't exactly fans of Twilight. It seemed to be really loved when it first came out. It's only now I'm hearing that it apparently didn't have great word of mouth. Either that or I'm misunderstanding something. I swear though, it was not that way a year and a half ago.

Eclipse did have great word of mouth, only the very obsessed purists were unhappy - a tiny minority. I think it's the best movie of the franchise and obviously had the most mainstream appeal.

• Founder / Operator

Eclipse did have great word of mouth, only the very obsessed purists were unhappy - a tiny minority. I think it's the best movie of the franchise and obviously had the most mainstream appeal.

Absolutely agreed. Eclipse put a new face on the series for some people...myself included. It had a competent director, a passable score that enabled non-teenagers to help take the movie seriously, and balanced the love story with a fair amount of action as well.

Eclipse is my favorite Twilight Book/Movie. It also might be end up being the only movie besides BD2 in the franchise to make 300M.

• Founder / Operator

Let's see how big the drop is today before we get too carried away. Keep in mind that New Moon did about $6 million more in post-midnight Friday business. (Not trying to downplay it, just pointing out that the finale isn't likely to expand the audience too much beyond that.)

LOLWUT?

DH1 - DH2: 61.7m - 91.1m

DH1 - DH2: 125m - 169m

BD1 - BD2: 72m - 106.3m (taking the same increase)

BD1 - BD2: 139m - 187.9m (taking the same increase)

Now, those BD2 numbers are with the same increase from DH1 to DH2 - Twilight is so much more frontloaded and WILL have a much bigger rush factor, I think 200m OW is definitely in play.