baumer

BSG KITIK WINS!!

So which question is the decider now?

A) Will Wolverine score at least an A cinemascore?

B) Will Wolverine increase on Saturday (taking away Thurs gross)

C) Will at least 6 out of 10 films have a Thursday increase?

D) Will RED2 have a Saturday increase of more than 43.5%?

Stingray, Dex, and MovieMan all correctly said NO to A and C. They also all said NO to B. (Which seems likely to be correct.)

Stingray said NO to D, but Dex and MovieMan said YES.

Unless Wolverine has a bad Saturday, the bonus will actually be awarded this week.

• Like 1

So which question is the decider now?

Wolverine increasing on Saturday minus the preview/mid and Red 2 increasing over 43.5% on Sat? Wolverine will decide it as remaining 3 said no so anything more than 17M today and they lose 8K points.  :lol:

• Like 1

Wolverine increasing on Saturday minus the preview/mid and Red 2 increasing over 43.5% on Sat? Wolverine will decide it as remaining 3 said no so anything more than 17M today and they lose 8K points.  :lol:

Yeah, I was reading that wrong. Unless Wolverine has a bad Saturday and goes under $17M, everybody loses.

Yeah, I was reading that wrong. Unless Wolverine has a bad Saturday and goes under $17M, everybody loses.

Pretty much. They need 17M or less or they lose 8K. I learned my lesson last week, the risk just isn't worth it.  :lol:

• Founder / Operator

For even more of an accuracy bonus, if you can call any film within 5 million of the actual gross, you will receive a bonus of 20,000. If you can call the gross within 2 million, you get a bonus of 25,000.

It's too bad the points aren't scaled. I'm liking my odds of coming within $2m for MoS but won't get much of a reward for it versus the $5m bonus. :(

It's too bad the points aren't scaled. I'm liking my odds of coming within $2m for MoS but won't get much of a reward for it versus the $5m bonus. :(

Yeah meanwhile you have like 3-4 predictions in red to lose points.

Just saying!

BTW, you lowballed the shit out of every movie!

• Founder / Operator

Yeah meanwhile you have like 3-4 predictions in red to lose points.

Just saying!

BTW, you lowballed the shit out of every movie!

I think you may be looking at someone else's list. ;)

In bold are pretty close, red are too high. IM3 and DM2 are the only ones I was low on, the former of which isn't that bad. I won't lose points for it, thankfully.

1. Iron Man 3 - $375m
2. Despicable Me 2 - $311m
3. Star Trek Into Darkness - $310m
4. Man of Steel - $290m
5. Monsters University - $275m
6. Fast & Furious 6 - $226m
7. Pacific Rim - $225m
8. The Hangover Part III - $182m
9. The Heat - $150m
10. The Wolverine - $145m
11. Grown Ups 2 - $116m
12. The Smurfs 2 - $115m 
13. White House Down - $114m
14. The Lone Ranger - $110m
15. This Is the End - $95m

Now, granted, I didn't have Gatsby on here either. That's the one that will kill me, in tandem with PR.
Edited by ShawnMR

Well if u guys dont like the scoring points this year then make suggestions in the off season as to what changes u would like.

• Founder / Operator

Actually, 2 Guns and Elysium are the big wild cards for me now. I left both off my top 15. I think I forgot about 2 Guns opening in August, but with Elysium that was definitely a "play it safe" movie.

Okay, Hail Mary by my defense attorney: technically, "smallest drop" shouldn't include actual increases, since it should be restricted to negative numbers only. Therefore FRUITVALE and TWWB don't count.

No Tele, you already lost points for this week, you don't count anymore :PAbout your argument though, B did count increases as "smallest drops" in past questions, so if there's any changes or exceptions, he would have informed us specifically.
  • Like 5

Well if u guys dont like the scoring points this year then make suggestions in the off season as to what changes u would like.

It seems pretty good so far, although I haven't been through the craziness of scoring the preseason top 15. Special super-accuracy bonuses seem kinda cool, though, both for domestic and international.Maybe tie it to percentages instead of millions of dollars, that way there won't be greater leeway at the lower ends: say, maybe within 0.5% domestic and 1% WW? Edited by Telemachos
  • Like 1

• Founder / Operator

Okay, Hail Mary by my defense attorney: technically, "smallest drop" shouldn't include actual increases, since it should be restricted to negative numbers only. Therefore FRUITVALE and TWWB don't count.

I think it's a valid argument but I barked up that tree a few years ago to no avail. :lol:

• Like 2

• Founder / Operator

It seems pretty good so far, although I haven't been through the craziness of scoring the preseason top 15. Special super-accuracy bonuses seem kinda cool, though, both for domestic and international.Maybe tie it to percentages instead of millions of dollars, that way there won't be greater leeway at the lower ends: say, maybe within 0.5% domestic and 1% WW?

very much like that idea, along with scaled point rewards. For example (just throwing out numbers):

If within 20m or 15% of the gross, you get 10,000 pts.

If within 10m or 10% of the gross, you get 20,000 pts.

If within 5m or 5% of the gross, you get 40,000 pts.

If within 1m or 1% of the gross, you get 200,000 pts.

That's perfectly scaled (relative to the gross, not the percentage persay), so maybe something more reasonable like 100,000 pts for being within 1m of the gross. But it's just an example.

Edited by ShawnMR
  • Like 1