Conjuring:  $132.5m    125.88~139.12 NOT SURE
The Heat:  $157.5m     149.63~165.38 
SAFE
Pac Rim:  $102.0m         96.90~ 107.1 SAFE
Grown Ups 2:  $134.4m  127.68~141.12 SAFE
Despicable Me 2:  $348.0m  330.6~365.4 SAFE

Edited by Olive

Question 13:
Will any of the top 7 grossing sequels domestically this summer have a second weekend drop of less than 44.5%?
Answer it correctly: 15000 points
Answer it incorrectly: lose 10,000 points

Smurfs 2 killed me. :angry: 

The good thing is that the rest of August looks pretty weak. Holdovers should pick up between now and the end of the game, especially with Labor Day weekend.

Unfortunately, scheduling is pretty bad this month. 3 to 4 wide releases every weekend so I doubt legs will be good for the holdovers from July. 

• Founder / Operator

Unfortunately, scheduling is pretty bad this month. 3 to 4 wide releases every weekend so I doubt legs will be good for the holdovers from July. 

Only if you're assuming all of those releases perform reasonably well. I'd say it's a safe bet this is the last "strong" weekend for so many openers.

Only if you're assuming all of those releases perform reasonably well. I'd say it's a safe bet this is the last "strong" weekend for so many openers.

But the main problem is screen allocation and newer movies usually will get the priority. Hopefully, you're right but I'm not holding my breath of great late legs for the holdovers from July. 

• Founder / Operator

But the main problem is screen allocation and newer movies usually will get the priority. Hopefully, you're right but I'm not holding my breath of great late legs for the holdovers from July. 

I guess it depends on which films you're referring to. If Red 2/Turbo/RIPD, then yeah, they'll keep bleeding since no one is seeing them anyway. :P

Question 13:

Will any of the top 7 grossing sequels domestically this summer have a second weekend drop of less than 44.5%?

Answer it correctly: 15000 points

Answer it incorrectly: lose 10,000 points

Smurfs 2 killed me. :angry:

Did you answer No? Cause even if Smurfs 2 drop under 44.5% this week, I don't think it has a chance to be in the Top 7 sequels.

Right now, the top 7 are: IM3, DM2, MU, FF6, STiD, GU2 and TH3. The Wolverine will make it pass TH3 for sure and round out Top 7.

Smurfs 2 has no chance at Top 7 in that case cause it won't pass The Wolverine so answer for Q13 will be No.

Edited by Sam
  • Like 1

Did you answer No? Cause even if Smurfs 2 drop under 44.5% this week, I don't think it has a chance to be in the Top 7 sequels.Right now, the top 7 are: IM3, DM2, MU, FF6, STiD, GU2 and TH3. The Wolverine will make it pass TH3 for sure. Smurfs 2 has no chance at Top 7 IMO, so answer for 13 will be No.

:) Yeah.

I thought Smurf would be one of top 7.