baumer

BSG KITIK WINS!!

I've said it before and I will say it again. We need to have regular/standardized due dates/times. I don't check the boards for weekly questions until Thursday, unless a movie opens on a Wednesday, in which case I will check on Wednesday afternoon. Having answers due at 3 AM on a Tuesday night just doesn't make any sense. I think I'm just going to drop out of the game.

I've already said that I will give makeup questions to those of you who missed the deadlines this week.  I'll make the questions worth 75% of what they were this week.  With movies opening on a Wednesday, the way things have changed now, there are sneaks on Tuesday.  This is why the deadline changed this week.  I'm sorry you missed, please don't drop out of the game. 

Makeup questions:

Answers:

Makeup questions for anyone who has missed one week so far.

All questions due by Thurs at 11:59 pm

All questions worth 1000 points

1) Will This is the End make more than 5 mill on Wednesday (includes midnights/early on Tues)?YES

2) Will This is the End drop more than 30% on Thurs? YES

3) Will Epic have an increase of more than 40% on Saturday (this weekend)? NO

4) Will The Purge drop more than 72.5% on Monday? NO

5) Will NYSM have a Tuesday increase of more than 25%? NO

6) Will After Earth have a Tuesday increase of more than 25%? NO

7) Will The Internship or the Purge have a Tuesday increase of more than 7.5%? NO

8) Will FF6 drop more than 25% on Wed? NO

9) Will The Hangover 3 drop less than The Purge on Wed? YES

10) Will film in the top 12 will have the best Tuesday increase? STID

8/10 2000

9/10 3000

10/10 5000

Bonus 1:  We will only go by whatever information is available to us by Tuesday June 11th.  

What films internationally (for the weekend) finish in spots:

2 FF6

3 TH3

4  Star Trek

3000 each bonus of 4000 if all three correct.  Good luck.  

Bonus number 2:  What will This is the end gross for midnights/early shows on Tuesday?  2.2m

I've said it before and I will say it again. We need to have regular/standardized due dates/times. I don't check the boards for weekly questions until Thursday, unless a movie opens on a Wednesday, in which case I will check on Wednesday afternoon. Having answers due at 3 AM on a Tuesday night just doesn't make any sense. I think I'm just going to drop out of the game.

Same thing for me. The deadline is like 1 PM here. I work before and at that time. Really difficult for me.

Edited by kayumanggi

MAKEUP SCORES:

CJohn:  7000

junkshop:  8000

filmovie:  10,000

gizmo:  19,000

glassfiry:  8000

jay salahi:  8000

simionski:  12,000

grim:  7000

goffee:  10,000

chasmni:  7000+5000 for bonus 1

shawn:  13,000

kayu:  12,000

mattrek:  6000

• Like 2

There are no contentious answers.  The 21 mill figure will go towards midnights and opening day.  I don't go by Ray at mojo, we have our own rules.

I understand that you count preview nights as part of OW, that's fine.

But ERC, Boxoffice.com, and BOM are all reporting that MOS had an opening day of $44M.

OD's can't extend the same way that some OW's can.

Edited by kitik
  • Like 1

• Founder / Operator

It's cutting it close, but I think this technically should count in regard to Question #29 this week.

Of course, any such record must come with an asterisk because Hollywood studios recently have interpreted ‘midnights’ as beginning at 7 PM Thursday through midnight and sometimes into early dawn

29) Will Nikki's first posting about MOS contain the phrase "NOT A RECORD" or mention anything that resembles MOS not setting any kind of record? - Yes

• Founder / Operator

But ERC, Boxoffice.com, and BOM are all reporting that MOS had an opening day of $44M.

We're all reporting it that way because that's how WB reported it. If they had lumped it in, we'd have included it as one day.

For the purposes of the game, I agree with Baumer that we have to operate based on the status quo which has been that previews were now included as part of Friday for every film released this summer up until this point.

• Like 2

I agree to an extent because so far, we have been scored mostly base on official numbers reported in the fashion of those sources, especially BOM and BO.com

But this is called Baumer's Summer Game, so it's only fair that he has full control of how he wanted the game to play out and the way questions are scored is entirely up to him. 

• Like 2

I said at the beginning of the game that all money made from Thursdays would count towards opening day.  So that is how it will be scored.  I'm not changing it just because other sources choose not to report it. 

This is straight from the opening post in the game:

ANOTHER THING TO KEEP IN MIND THIS YEAR....MIDNIGHTS ARE NOW GOING TO INCLUDE ANY MONEY MADE ON THURSDAY STARTING AT 7PM. TOO HARD TO SEPARATE THE MONEY EARNED FROM DIFFERENT TIMES. BLAME THIS ON THE STUDIO AND THE IDIOTS WHO SHOT UP THEATERS LAST YEAR.

I made this rule specifically for this scenario.  So the opening day number will include all money made Thursday.

Thanks.

And don't think I'm doing this because it will help me in some way, it won't.  I am going to get screwed over in a few questions because of this as well.  But this rule is firm.  Frankly I don't know why the Thursday gross is being reported separately.  It wasn't for IM3 or FF6 or any other film.

Edited by baumer
  • Like 4

I don't know why the Thursday gross is being reported separately.  It wasn't for IM3 or FF6 or any other film.

IM3 and F&F6 had showings along the line of:

9:00, 9:30, 10:00, 10:30, 11:00, 11:30, 12:00, 12:30 etc.

You can't report separate numbers for each showtime.

MOS (and STID) did not have previews like that. They had completely separate promotions that were not standard openings. They reported standalone numbers for those other previews because they were in fact standalone showings.

Not here they didn't.  I saw plenty of films at 7pm.  The latest being the Internship.  Purge also played at 7. 

And I'm not going back on the rule that I made in March. 

This can be scored as well:

Question 2: Will more than two films gross at least 50 million dollars on opening day?

Answer it correctly: 15,000 points
Answer it incorrectly: lose 8000 points
Choose not to answer ( and you must state that you are not answering..failing to do so will automatically result in a loss of 8000 points) 3000 points.

The answer is YES

I said at the beginning of the game that all money made from Thursdays would count towards opening day.  So that is how it will be scored.  I'm not changing it just because other sources choose not to report it. 

This is straight from the opening post in the game:

ANOTHER THING TO KEEP IN MIND THIS YEAR....MIDNIGHTS ARE NOW GOING TO INCLUDE ANY MONEY MADE ON THURSDAY STARTING AT 7PM. TOO HARD TO SEPARATE THE MONEY EARNED FROM DIFFERENT TIMES. BLAME THIS ON THE STUDIO AND THE IDIOTS WHO SHOT UP THEATERS LAST YEAR.

I made this rule specifically for this scenario.  So the opening day number will include all money made Thursday.

Thanks.

And don't think I'm doing this because it will help me in some way, it won't.  I am going to get screwed over in a few questions because of this as well.  But this rule is firm.  Frankly I don't know why the Thursday gross is being reported separately.  It wasn't for IM3 or FF6 or any other film.

Baumer laying down the law.  :D It's absurd to me why WB is separating this. 12M should be part of the OW.  :rolleyes:

• Like 2