Ezen Baklattan

Spaghetti Kitchen: Y7 (BLANK & NUMBERS, CHECK P.6)

Hello to all of you again! My reviewing process for Y7 will begin soon!

For my first night, I will have a review gala where I take a look at Risk Management, Chuck Norris & Liam Neeson Vs. Santa Claus: Ultimate Badass, and The Adventures Of Tom Sawyer.

The next day, I will begin to take requests. You must request two films: One made by you and one made by someone else. If you make your request today, it will not be counted!

Have fun, and best of luck!

Edited by Spaghetti
  • Like 2

Here is my schedule for the week..

Monday: Thread Begins! (I won't have time for reviews, sorry.)

Tuesday: Post Your Requests

Wednesday: SK Review - Chuck Norris & Liam Neeson Vs. Santa Claus: Ultimate Badass & Risk Management

Thursday: SK Review - The Adventures Of Tom Sawyer & The Wanders

Edited by Spaghetti
  • Like 2

I already read every film posted except The Wanders. In fact, Riczhang, Blankments, and Alpha should probably already know what I'm going to say tommorow and on Thursday. :P

That doesn't sound like good news...

SKY SEVEN REVIEWS

Presents....

RISK MANAGEMENT

Please Allow Me To Introduce Myself

Riczhang has crafted to brilliant consecutive films directed by the Coen Brothers about corrupt men trying to make it big across American History, Risk Management, set in the world of modern day financial corporations, may very well be the last in this sequence, unless Rizchang wants to have a futuristic cyberpunk setting with aliens and all that. Regardless, does Risk Management keep the brilliant direction, writing, and acting that made these two films so good? The answer is yes.

Garret Hedlund's performance as Andrew is fantastic, as he's able to convey his personalities as a young and coming financial expert trying to make it in New York's financial district and an arrogant asshole with a nasty attitude who becomes bored of his life. I will admit that, when paired with the long run time, his bitching grew a bit tiresome at points, but he was otherwise a really great actor. I've always been a sucker for "slice of life" movies where we see life through the protagonist's eyes, which may be another reason why I liked this role so much. That's not to say that the rest of the ensemble didn't do a collectively great job, which isn't true at all. The highlight of the cast is Julianne Moore as the only financial worker who really hates Andrew's guts.

It does seem a bit odd that the Coen Brothers are doing a serious drama set in the present day, especially when most of their dramas have been period films and they often to a lot of comedies, but they really pull it off here. The direction is slick and all of the elements mesh together very well. You also get some awesome Roger Deakins cinematography, always a plus. The long run time certainly shows at points, but you otherwise have a really great film here, with great performances and an excellent script.

The Verdict:

A

Edited by Spaghetti
  • Like 3