A Marvel Fanboy

Passengers | Chris Pratt, Jennifer Lawrence | Dec 21, 2016 | Trailer pg 70

36 minutes ago, trifle said:

I'd rather it be done well than be rushed and not be done well, but this guy is the author of the script, so chances are he may know something.  At least that is the idea twitter has.

Exactly. Whether it's released this year or gets delayed, I just don't want it to be rushed and for the quality to suffer as a consequence. 

Mostly I was thinking quality of CGI work due to them having to switch out from MOVA to something else, but also thinking about quality of the marketing campaign.

I'm not one to normally get anxious about a late trailer, but no one's denying at this point that this isn't normal for a big star-studded movie.

Anyways, if what he's saying is true and there hasn't been a delay he's unaware of, I just hope the movie gets the treatment it deserves and a great marketing campaign. Naturally I'm assuming the movie itself is great. ;)

Edited by JennaJ
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, trifle said:

It was $120 M, then Rothman was scaling it back.   However, if they had to double time on special effects because of the special effects house law suit, who knows what it is now.

Life is the Hills is expensive tho.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1

Just now, grim22 said:

One of my friends who worked at Cinemark, met him at a fast food place and looked at his shirt and was shocked to see Passengers title on his back since all the hoopla of not showing trailer or anything like that.

• Like 1

The shirts don't convince me as much as the tweets from John Spaiths because a huge order of promotional shirts is not something that can be cancelled or held off at a moment's notice.

i mean, if they did make a last minute decision to delay, I'd expect some of the original marketing to still trickle through. 

My main hope right now is that the script writer would be in the loop if there was a delay.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, JennaJ said:

My main hope right now is that the script writer would be in the loop if there was a delay.

He really might not. But he also might. At this point the movie's long wrapped, writers usually won't be in the loop automatically (but sometimes productions will keep them roughly up to date). Basically, they're glorified VIPs -- they might see some advanced marketing stuff and be given a date, but that won't necessarily be the latest and most accurate update.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ThatOneMorgan said:

Guys, I may have a mini curse on me, and since I'm stanning the hell out of this movie...it might be in trouble :sadben:

Of the last 7 movies I've stanned for, 6 were flops or disappointments :sadben: 

So are you Stanning for Morgan? Cause I'd like you to stop, then.

Just now, RandomJC said:

I only care about Mag 7 on that list. So let's hope that slips under the radar.

I was gonna make the proposal that Sony pictures is immune from my curse since Sausage Party was a movie I stanned for that did well...but I also stanned for Ghostbusters :sadben:

Just now, ThatOneMorgan said:

I was gonna make the proposal that Sony pictures is immune from my curse since Sausage Party was a movie I stanned for that did well...but I also stanned for Ghostbusters :sadben:

Well...at least Ghostbusters was pretty obvious going to do poorly...