CAYOM Year 7: Part 2

I don't see how nearly $60 million for a religious-themed movie is that disappointing.

It isn't a hardcore religious film like Courageous and Fireproof. It is an adult thriller with religious themes. Its closest real box office comparsion is Angel and Demons. Ron Howard is a notable thriller director and has a following. Also the actors in the film are well known. 

It isn't a hardcore religious film like Courageous and Fireproof. It is an adult thriller with religious themes. Its closest real box office comparsion is Angel and Demons. Ron Howard is a notable thriller director and has a following. Also the actors in the film are well known. 

I know that, but the likelihood of even an adult thriller opening to higher than $40-50m is near impossible. It rarely happens, unless the movie is really, REALLY good and has been getting tons of hype. At it's best Life After Death would open in the mid $20s, which is not bad at all.

I know that, but the likelihood of even an adult thriller opening to higher than $40-50m is near impossible. It rarely happens, unless the movie is really, REALLY good and has been getting tons of hype. At it's best Life After Death would open in the mid $20s, which is not bad at all.

Life After Death has tons of pros that are showing it should open at least over 30M

1. Ron Howard

2. Little adult competition (Film is surrounded by a musical, animated pics, comedies, and sci-fi flicks) 

3. Prime release date

4. Notable cast (mainly latter three, which have some draw power): Aaron Eckhart, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Rachel McAdams, and Jude Law

5. Controversy 

6. Main thriller film event of the summer

7. Interesting and fairly original premise

• Like 1

Life After Death has tons of pros that are showing it should open at least over 30M

1. Ron Howard

2. Little adult competition (Film is surrounded by a musical, animated pics, comedies, and sci-fi flicks) 

3. Prime release date

4. Notable cast (mainly latter three, which have some draw power): Aaron Eckhart, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Rachel McAdams, and Jude Law

5. Controversy 

6. Main thriller film event of the summer

7. Interesting and fairly original premise

Yes. But even then, in real life it would open to $30 million at best.

May 5-7Justice League: 126.2/351.8May 12-14Crime Stinks: 12.7/29.0The Doppleganger: 31.8/113.5May 19-21Call Of Duty: Eye Of The Storm: 140.2/348.9May 26-29 (Memorial Day Weekend)Miserable Fans: 34.8/120.5South Pacific: 25.9/116.2June 2-4Life After Death: 38.2/103.7Spark: Ignition: 70.3/242.4June 9-11Tyrant II: The Inspector: 14.3/35,0June 16-18LucIId: 58.4/142.0June 23-25The Blue Belt: 42.9/157.5The Office: An American Workplace: 18.6/71.5June 30-July 4 (Independence Day Weekend)Thomas The Tank Engine: 37.3/56.2/95.6

• Like 3

Yes. But even then, in real life it would open to $30 million at best.

A film like this is hard to relate to real life. The film is a major tent pole film with a big cast and director. I don't see how it would open under 30M. I completely agree that anything over 45M is way too high. I am seeing the film open around 35M.

Orpheum Cinemas Internal Tracking Part 3

Methodology: Orpheum Cinemas contracts its internal tracking data collection out to Ipsos MORI. Ipsos MORI collects the data through telephone interviews (Mobile and Land-line), and through interview cards at theatres. The data is then weighted and sorted to ensure that the data collected is representative of the population as a whole and of each individual group of interest. Orpheum Cinemas's marketing department then derives the tracking figures from the data we receive from Ipsos MORI. 

July

Harlem Shake: 28 Days Later 5.9M/13.8M
The Scottsboro Boys 29.1M/103.4M

Top Gear Great Adventures: Our 'Nam 22.1M/78.4M

The 39 Clues: The Sword Thief 103.8M/310.1M

The Boy in the Watchtower 18.2M/55.3M

The Dark Victorian: Pursuit 31.1M/90.2M

Amulet 61.8M/207.4M

Reality Shift 41.2M/140.9M

August

Extrasensory 22.1M/110.9M

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time 10.9M/38.9M

Innocense 0.3M(Limited)/3.6M(Wide)/19.1M

Leviathan 23.9M/60.1M

Fox in Socks 26.1M/71.3M

Seeing Her 11.8M/30.8M

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies: Dawn of the Dreadfuls 7.1M/13.8M

Jazz: The Movie 0.2M(Limited)/2.7M(Wide)/14.9M

September

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - The Return of Queen Chrysalis, Part 2 16.5M(3-Day)/20.1M(4-Day)/53.7M

Redeeming Love 25.1M(3-Day)/31.4M(4-Day)/114.1M

Usher: Love in this Club 3.1M(3-Day)/3.8M(4-Day)/11.4M

Tears of a Tiger 15.4M/45.0M

God is Dead 0.1M(Limited)/3.2M(Wide)/12.8M

Epic Battlers 11.3M/29.1M

The Rich and Famous 34.5M/140.1M

The Fall of Boss Tweed 20.1M/73.8M

The 120 Days of Sodom 3.5M/6.8M

Adventure Time: The Battle of Ooo 34.9M/87.3M

It as almost no competition. It should do well.  I definitely think it can hit 200M

Maybe I shouldn't have gone with such a low budget.

I didn't want another Red Pyramid disaster that's only saving face was overseas. The budget was $150 million, it flopped on that part. So Amulet got a $75 million budget, but that was too low and now the animation is on-par.

I CAN'T WIN!

Maybe I shouldn't have gone with such a low budget.

I didn't want another Red Pyramid disaster that's only saving face was overseas. The budget was $150 million, it flopped on that part. So Amulet got a $75 million budget, but that was too low and now the animation is on-par.

I CAN'T WIN!

Animation is general a safe field in the box office. 75M is way way way to low. A 125M budget would have been good. 

Animation is general a safe field in the box office. 75M is way way way to low. A 125M budget would have been good. 

Sometimes even really good movies are made on low budgets. 28 Days Later? King's Speech? The Lorax?