Maverikk

Favorite Bond Actor

Moonraker is a shitstick.Live and Let Die is all right but sicne it's the first Moore film it is a must-watch for historical purposes. Otherwise, see Spy Who Loved Me, For Your Eyes Only, and Octopussy. Avoid Man with the Golden Gun, Moonraker, and A View to a Kill (though it is watchable enough for Christopher Walken's crazy-ridiculous villain).

• Like 1

I don't think so, Connery was just an awesome bond in General.

I agree, Brosnan had more charisma and Craig is more of a badass. But Connery was just the right amount of both. Again, in the first 3-4 films. Once you get to YOLT, Connery's lack of passion for the material and having to play second fiddle to the gadgets causes him to fall off in the badass area. That's why I make a distinction between The early Connery and the late Connery. If you include both then Craig is #1 on my list and Dalton and Connery are essentially tied.But what's interesting is that it was the gadgets and silliness that kept Bond popular for so long. So if Roger Moore hadn't went into space with Jaws(Moonraker was very popular), we would have probably never seen Craig's version of Bond.

Jessie is right. It's the same with everything, people always vote for the first one in some sort of odd belief that they are being artisitically correct.

That's is so true. I remembers a load of batman fans saying Tim Burtons version was better than Nolans. I'm sure they would think otherwise has Nolans come out first.

Connery is more like the Novel Bond that Fleming wrote, so he is brilliant, and I like him ever so much. However, my personal favourite is Pierce Brosnan. I grew up with Pierce Brosnan as Bond and although he doesn't perfectly match the Bond written by Fleming as much as Connery, his ample amount of charisma (and his movies being the more entertaining) is the reason that I choose him. Dalton is also pretty good, taking Bond in a different direction after the humour of Moore, but he only did two movies, and while I have a soft spot for Licence to Kill (because of Robert Davi from Die Hard and Raw Deal), he just delivered the line "Bond, James Bond" far too quickly. He almost delivers it as one word, "Bondjamesbond", and so that ruined it for me. Brosnan knows how to deliver that line properly. So, in our household Dalton was always a point of ridicule. Now to Roger Moore. I haven't watched many of his films for a while, but I always did enjoy them. However, he's too fat for me to really consider him as a contender for the 'Best Bond'. The humour in his movies never bothered me at all. Lazenby is the worst one. But not as bad as Craig. He is so uncharismatic and his acting stinks. He is also too action-packed for Bond. With Craig it's like you get Bourne, Rambo and John McClane all in one, and that's not how Bond is meant to be. It's too OTT, so tie that in with the fact that he is emotionless and has a pouty face (and can't act...at all), he becomes the worst Bond for me.

as most people say Sean Connery was the best Bond isn't Daniel Craig a very close match to what Sean Connery did as Bond. Please explain if I am wrong and there are major differences.

as most people say Sean Connery was the best Bond isn't Daniel Craig a very close match to what Sean Connery did as Bond.Please explain if I am wrong and there are major differences.

Craig seems angry with the world. Connery was suave and gentlemanly. Connery was cool, he was 60s cool, like a gent that you'd want to marry. Craig is cool, but 2000s cool (which consists of looking emotionlessly into the camera, or looking like on a catwalk), like a piece of ass that you just want to have sex with. They are totally different.

the best of Bond was John Corney with action act with all his movie .. I think it is the most successes in his time .. ..

Just saw this old post-who is John Connery? (No clue who this guy that posted this is, but I do find this amusing)