theultimatebiu

WKND BO: #StarTrek $70.6M/$84.1M, IronMan3 $35.2M/$337.1M, Gatsby $23.4M/$90.2M

Jude Law >>>>>>>>>>>> Colin Farrellat least

Colin Farrell just irks me. And I've seen suggestions for him to take up the role of Tony Stark. Ugh, just ugh.

Colin Farrell just irks me. And I've seen suggestions for him to take up the role of Tony Stark. Ugh, just ugh.

It will really be Iron Flop. That guy can't open a movie to save his life. And yet he's gotten more starring roles than anybody I've ever seen. Must be the good looks.

Jude Law >>>>>>>>>>>> Colin Farrell

at least

I'm not so sure.  Colin Farrell had Phone Booth, The Recruit, and SWAT.  (with Honorable Mentions In Bruges and Seven Psychopaths which didn't make much money but were at least well received critically)

Decent number for STiD Saturday but I guess 4 day will be in 80-85 range. I was still thinking that 90 is remotely possible but not with that and STiD has been adjusting down after initial estimates so...Good bump for IM3 though. I still want it to go higher obviously :)And in other news, I guess I still have to work on Monday. My dream of Powerball millions are gone. For now... :lol:

I'm not so sure.  Colin Farrell had Phone Booth, The Recruit, and SWAT.  (with Honorable Mentions In Bruges and Seven Psychopaths which didn't make much money but were at least well received critically)

I think you're missing some movies in between there.

It will really be Iron Flop. That guy can't open a movie to save his life. And yet he's gotten more starring roles than anybody I've ever seen. Must be the good looks.

Amen. And I don't even think he has good looks, just okay, nothing special.

I don't think he's ever looked better than he did in Talented Mr. Ripley. But come to think of it. Jude Law got a lot of lead roles in mainstream movies. So at least he's had opportunities.

To his credit, with the exception of certain roles (Alfie, Mr. Ripley), I think he tried to choose films that didn't play on his looks.  I mean, I think he could've cornered the romantic comedy/drama stuff like Hugh Grant did in the 90s but he didn't.  He was never quite A-list in the way, say, RDJ is right now, but he can do both leading man and supporting roles; he's better in the latter.

That's IRON MAN lll for me. Different opinions of course.

I don't think I'm going too far out on a limb if I were to say that I'm a bigger fan of both Star Trek and Iron Man than 99% of the posters on this board. I've watched 700 Star Trek episodes and I've read hundreds of Iron Man comics (I'm sure there are a couple folks who are in the same boat as me, but it's a small number), and I found IM3 to be a far surperior movie.

If for no other reason than that I actually bought the plot. The Mandarin twist MADE SENSE. He was actually a logical and believeable character in the Marvel cinematic universe. I would have loved to have seen an actual super-powered Mandarin shoot all sorts of beams out of his rings at Iron Man, but the character we got instead both made sense and was entertaining. I feel STID actually had better action and better visuals than IM3, but as a story it just fell flat. The story arc for Tony and Pepper just made more sense than the story arc for Kirk and Spock. And of course, the fact that IM3 was actually a NEW MOVIE instead of an old story from a previous Star Trek movie helped too. New episodes are usually more watchable than repeat episodes.

I think you're missing some movies in between there.

I was only talking about his successes.  Farrell's had a shit-ton of failures: Miami Vice and Alexander come to mind as the worst, but still what are Jude Law's successes with him as lead?  I like Jude Law I just think Farrell's had a couple more wins

Amen.And I don't even think he has good looks, just okay, nothing special.

That's where we'll have to agree to disagree. I think he is fine as hell. He's a pretty good actor though. His films are just flops.

• Like 1

I'll take anything over 80M.I can't believe this didn't hit 100M. Shocking.Someone kick me in the nuts. Quick.

Your wife would not be happy about that.
  • Like 1

I found Star Trek better than IM3.At least the Villain wasn't a joke.STID managed to get humor and action with emotions to fit well together. IM3 felt like a punch line every 5 minutes.

• Like 1

That's where we'll have to agree to disagree. I think he is fine as hell. He's a pretty good actor though. His films are just flops.

:lol:Yeah, different taste I guess, his looks do nothing for me :lol: