theultimatebiu

WKND BO: #StarTrek $70.6M/$84.1M, IronMan3 $35.2M/$337.1M, Gatsby $23.4M/$90.2M

Imagine if Fast Six underperforms...there'll be riots in the streets, people screaming for Superman to save the summer movie season.  :P

That would a bad sign of things to come in the summer. Or everyone will have to adjust expectations down for the rest of Summer.

I'm not hating on 3D,  I think it works for some movies (Life of Pi, Hugo, Avatar) but I think for most movies domestically people go out of their way to not see it in 3D.  If it sells overseas that's great and they can keep it if they want it, but I've never sat in nearly empty 350/400-seat theater for newly released blockbuster before.  It was really strange.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I hate 3D. I honestly do. I've only ever seen two movies where I can say that it increased the experience - Avatar and HTTYD. I'm simply pointing out the obvious - overseas, it turns an ordinary blockbuster into an uber-hit, so it's here to stay. I actually think a lot of people DO reject 3D in international markets as well, but in a lot of places, there is simply no choice. If it's a 3D movie, it ONLY plays in 3D, even if it;s' on 3/4 of the total screens in a theater.

That would a bad sign of things to come in the summer. Or everyone will have to adjust expectations down for the rest of Summer.

That would be terrible.  The 4 week action bloodbath between World War Z, White House Down, The Lone Ranger, and Pacific Rim is going to be bad enough to watch anyways.

What would underperforming be? Under 200?

As a total? Yeah. But I'm thinking more about the OW. If it doesn't do 100 million over 4 days, that'll be considered extremely underwhelming by most, I expect...

That would be terrible.  The 4 week action bloodbath between World War Z, White House Down, The Lone Ranger, and Pacific Rim is going to be bad enough to watch anyways.

Man, yet another reason PR is doomed that I never even realized before!

May is just crowded. Can an average American watch 3-4 movies in a span of one month? And then here comes MOS in June.

May has been busy each year, for quite a few years now...

And Trek is only the second huge-budget release of the month, two weeks after IM3, so I don't think that's valid for this particular case.

• Like 1

May has been busy each year, for quite a few years now...

And Trek is only the second huge-budget release of the month, two weeks after IM3, so I don't think that's valid for this particular case.

Yeah F6 and TH3 are the ones that should feel the burnout sting if that's a factor. We have still only had one real blockbuster before this.

I think Rth's source is trolling him! :angry:

:lol: I hope so. Earlier, when Gitesh's number came, I got worried, cause his numbers for Thursday was actually the closest  :mellow: