#ED

4-Day Wknd Est: FF6 - 120M; TH3 - 51.2M; STID - 47M; Epic - 42.6M; IM3 - 24.3M; TGG - 17M

Well FB is the #2 website in the world, so I think it has an influence, and Twitter is 7 in the US I believe.

Well right after I mentioned how The Hobbit's trailer had some really good responses on FB I get replies like "Well we have better taste"

Um okay.

I do believe the WOM for Furious 6 borders on fantastic. That said, I'm not certain how much the Fast audience will expand. At this early juncture, I'm expecting $250M+ D. If holds are encouraging, it could go as high as $275M D. Pretty phenomenal increase on Fast Five. OS it's already cruising. Certainly expecting $575M+ OS.

So we should not wait for the second weekend? You are confusing me.

Im saying stop downplaying my comment please. I dont care about drops, F6 is gonna drop kinda heavy next week regardless, I look at feedback, and not just social media, in real life too. The feedback is outstanding, I dont know if you just dont want to believe this has better WOM than Trek and IM3, but what Ive seen this weekend it does. Next week will see if it holds better than F5, but even if it drops 60% the WOM is still amazing. I actually live in America so I know what Im seeing. Edited by jandrew
  • Like 1

And Kayu, you have to realize that people have lives, If I go to F6 on Friday and call me friend and tell him how good he was, hes not gonna automatically hop in the car and go Saturday, the next day. He likely already has plans, work, ect. and he'll get to F6 when it fits his schedule. Could be that weekend, could be during the week, could be a fewnweeks later. Everyone saying the movie is great on Friday doesnt mean people are gonna drop what theyre doing and go the next day, thats common sense.

How do you see a movie? Abrupt? And you don't tell your friends about your plans and vice versa? And people work on Saturdays?

Jandrew said wom was phenomenal. I said Saturday could have been better. He said wait for next weekend and don't judge wom on the second day. But he just claimed wom was phenomenal then wait for the second weekend? lol In this day and age, good or bad wom easily spread because of social media.

Exactly. You can better gauge WOM EARLY ON by looking at social media rather than the second day drop, that was his point. If my friend goes sees a movie friday night, tells me it's good saturday morning, im not gonna drop all my plans to see it that very night. However, like he said, the TRUE test will come next weekend.

Im saying stop downplaying my comment please. I dont care about drops, F6 is gonna drop kinda heavy next week regardless, I look at feedback, and not just social media, in real life too. The feedback is outstanding, I dont know if you just dont want to believe this has better WOM than Trek and IM3, but what Ive seen this weekend it does. Next week will see if it holds better than F5, but even if it drops 60% the WOM is still amazing. I actually live in America so I know what Im seeing.

It's definitely has better wom than those two if you based it on RT.

I'd say Furious 6 made roughly half of its total gross this weekend. Regardless of good WOM, we know this to be a very front-loaded series. Opening on a holiday weekend will only exacerbate that. A 60% drop seems inevitable for next weekend.

How do you see a movie? Abrupt? And you don't tell your friends about your plans and vice versa? And people work on Saturdays?

Um yes people work everyday. My friends that I wanted to see F6 with couldnt go on Friday. I plan when I go a few days before, I and everyone I know doesnt just randomly go to the theater and pick something.

I'd say Furious 6 made roughly half of its total gross this weekend. Regardless of good WOM, we know this to be a very front-loaded series. Opening on a holiday weekend will only exacerbate that. A 60% drop seems inevitable for next weekend.

True.

Um yes people work everyday. My friends that I wanted to see F6 with couldnt go on Friday. I plan when I go a few days before, I and everyone I know doesnt just randomly go to the theater and pick something.

As one guy on Facebook said-his Sunday is his Friday.

• Like 1

Don't know if these have been posted already, but here are this morning's reported daily grosses for Fast Six from Universal:Friday -- $38.7 mSaturday -- $31.5 mSunday -- $28.3 m est (-10%)Monday -- $23.7 m est (-16%)

That's a big Monday. I bet $2m of it end up scattered across the first three days. :D Edited by Telemachos
  • Like 1

I was talking about Saturday, it's not for work right?

Edited by kayumanggi

I was talking about Saturday, it's not for work right?

M-F are general workdays, but people still work Sat and Sun too, especially if your in retail, restaurants, business, hospitals, ect. Sunday is the day of rest here, but people still work, stores just close early Edited by jandrew