A Marvel Fanboy

NATO Wants Shorter Film Trailers with Fewer Spoilers

The length of the trailer has no bearing on how spoilerish they are, it's all up to the content, you could easily give away major plot points in a 30 second trailer. This is more likely about making more room for those damned commercials.

On a recent trip to the theater we started with 5 commercials and then started into the trailers, after 2 trailers there was another freaking commercial! followed by 2 more trailers. This was definitely new, in the past once you finally suffered through the ads at the beginning and got to the trailers you knew you'd get 3-5 trailers and then the movie would start, now they are sandwiching another ad between the trailers.

I miss the old days before they ever had ads before movies.

four months before they start releasing footage? BS. I like seeing the trailers for the next summers movies being released in November or December time. Also, if they do you liked won't get anymore cool teaser trailer that a released well in advance

Edited by Robert Muldoon

It kind of goes hand-in-hand with the complaints of spoiling too much, though. Unless it's like a stinger made specifically for the advertisement I think we'd appreciate films more if we didn't know as much about them going in. 

I'm not really sure what theaters have to gain from this but I know that it does sound appealing from a personal standpoint.

• Like 1