Which Franchise Finale Offered The Best Closure?

I'll admit to enjoying both Revolutions and its ending (with the sun rising). Also, no matter the problems with the Prequels, Revenge of the Sith's final wordless scenes are some of the best in the whole saga - although, ironically, they are great less because they give a good closure to their own trilogy and more because they are deeply nostalgic of the OT and remind us what has yet to happen in the galaxy far, far away.

Edited by Jake Gittes

I loved both the endings of Potter and Batman (The Dark Knight Rises). I think that the third movie of the Pirates of the Caribbean (which, technically was the end of the first trilogy), offered a pretty good closure...

It might not exactly be a part of the closure, but I give Jackson a lot of credit for getting rid of the whole Saruman-in-the-Shire plot.

Agreed. It was too hamfisted in the novel. Pity the Saruman death scene was cut from theatrical release.
  • Like 1