#ED

REVISED Weekend Estimates 6/14--6/16: Man of Steel OW $116.7M($128.7M including WM)

Considering Legendary has helped WB with many successes, its a shame if they part company, I'm sure another studio will be more than happy to have them

Yeah. Legendary has done some great things. I read that Universal is the front runner if WB and Legendary split.

Well when you open with the 2nd biggest OW ever, multiplier is bound to be low......

What? So now every movie that opens BIG will have a shitty multiplier?

Wow, very solid result for MoS. I ate crow for my 90M OW prediction. But I'm still keeping my under IM1 prediction i.e. under 318M DOM. I don't really understand whe the 400M talk is coming, it has more chances to do under 300M than to do above 400M. It obviously won't do less than 300M, but even for 350M it will require legs of 3.1+. Not realistic. Anyway, I think we should be waiting for actuals to see if this is a new June OW record indeed, as it's now pretty close to TS3. I don't really want it to beat TS3's OW - the latter is a much, much superior movie. Still very solid for MoS.

Edited by zenithtim

TDKR had an extra $40m of demand packed into its OW. MOS should be less front-loaded since it's a reboot.

MoS would do about 316M if it follows TDKR legs. Personally I don't see it doing much better than that because of the competition ahead, which TDKR didn't have. 325M Domestic is my prediction.

MoS would do about 316M if it follows TDKR legs. Personally I don't see it doing much better than that because of the competition ahead, which TDKR didn't have.325M Domestic is my prediction.

TDKR didn't need competition. That whole box office run was shit since the midnight opening.

Yeah. Legendary has done some great things. I read that Universal is the front runner if WB and Legendary split.

I imagine most of the films made at WB will remain at WB but if PR is a hit, would a sequel end up at Universal like Hellboy II did? Legendary were one of the first to co-finance films with major studios which lead to others like Dune Entertainment. Relativity Media, Skydance, AnnaPurna etc

350M would be amazing.

But honestly, I like Ray Subers, but everything has falling about 15M from all of his predictions. Tell him to stop.

That's better than $30-$40 million difference from people predicting $85 million or less for the weekend.

Edited by VGPOP

160M OW, 448M domestic and more than 1B WW is not shit at all. And this was done without 3D, mind you.

I meant for the multiplier.

Although 2.8 is pretty good actually.

NVM.