#ED

REVISED Weekend Estimates 6/14--6/16: Man of Steel OW $116.7M($128.7M including WM)

notfabio was the source. Walmart didn't pay WB. I believe they actually purchased the tickets from the area theaters.

No, tickets are purchased at your local Walmart actually

Again. Where is your source that Walmart didn't do good in ticket sales?Did your friend who knows someone at Walmart tell you? This is simply WOM.

A poster here is a Walmart manager. He said his store sold about half. They were giving them away.

The whole "family vibe" can't apply to every tentpole, and MOS doesn't seem like that movie.

That's like saying The Great Gatsby could hold well on Saturday because, sicne it's PG-13, it's a "family film."

If I was a six-year-old kid, I'd love this movie. The action is even bigger than Avengers, and has that "play with toys on epic scale" vibe.

• Founder / Operator

I don't care how you slice it. In your mind, just throw away half of the Walmart gross. The sneaks+mids would still be $14-15m, which is HUGE, no matter how you slice it.

This x 1,000.

Anyway, just here to chime in on projection scenarios. You folks enjoy your meltdown(s). :P

• Like 5

A poster here is a Walmart manager. He said his store sold about half. They were giving them away.

So a Walmart manager knows that all of Walmart didn't do well with MoS tickets.Until any type of media source reports this, it's simply WOM.

True, but that's one store out of.... how many?

Walmart was still hawking tickets on twitter yesterday. They didn't sell out of them. Of course it's only one store. Not trying to take anything away from the deal because it was brilliant for WB.

The bottom line nobody on this site has access to Walmart Financial records. Saying how much they did or didn't sell is speculation. I'll leave it at that. 

Well we know they didn't sell out. But who cares WB has the money.

In conclusion,Someone on this forum posted "Walmart paid WB 12M" without any sources and everyone believed it.Good stuff.There is no moon.

I think the school factor will be outweighed by Father's Day and IM3's nature as a sequel (bit more front-loaded).

Gotta see the overall OD to really know how well Supes will do, but I doubt as many families will race out to see Man of Steel. It's marketed to a slightly older audience. Given that, I expect sharper drops on both Saturday and Sunday. I'm thinking less than $100M, non including the WalMart $12M.

Walmart was still hawking tickets on twitter yesterday. They didn't sell out of them. Of course it's only one store. Not trying to take anything away from the deal because it was brilliant for WB.

Walmart executives are st00pid ?

Right the consumers purchased the tickets from Walmart.  Walmart had to get he tickets from somewhere.

12M is a lot though  :lol: I'm assuming that's the price WM pay WB up front. Cause at my local WM, 2D is 8 dollars while 3D is 10 dollars. Ticket prices must vary across the country then for WM to make any profit off of them.