#ED

REVISED Weekend Estimates 6/14--6/16: Man of Steel OW $116.7M($128.7M including WM)

Are you sure Crystal Skull wouldn't also have done it, its Thursday wasn't that big really.

Sith would have come a little close. I estimate that its OW would've been around 133-135m with a Friday release. That would give it around a 2.85 multiplier.

Did anybody get the cinemascore for females? I saw somebody posted for males under 25 and over 50. Just curious.

No info. I'm also curious about the demo breakdown.

Edited by kayumanggi

Sith would have come a little close. I estimate that its OW would've been around 133-135m with a Friday release. That would give it around a 2.85 multiplier.

How do you extrapolate this? I wouldn't immediately think that Sith would get closer to a 3x multi compared to Crystal Skull.

How do you extrapolate this? I wouldn't immediately think that Sith would get closer to a 3x multi compared to Crystal Skull.

It's far from a perfect way to do it but you simply split the difference from their OW total and their total after the weekend. It works with Wednesday releases too. Also, films that came out with a holiday on Monday like Crytsal Skull, TF3, and SM2 are harder to accurately extrapolate. Here's some non-Friday films I think are applicable with a normal Fri-Sun OW.

Sith: 133.4m

Matrix Reloaded: 113m

TF2: 154m

Attack of the Clones: 95m

3D accounted 42% of the Friday gross btw.

Pretty good.

I saw it in 2D. That was perfect.

But i imagine 3D would have been awesome on krypton

Very good numbers for MOS. this film should be compared to BB interms of being the first film in a reboot. If the next film or 2 are done correctly the sky's the limit.

Totally agree

Very good numbers for MOS. this film should be compared to BB interms of being the first film in a reboot. If the next film or 2 are done correctly the sky's the limit.

I'm really beginning to like where DC is headed now. If this is any indication, they could offer more serious superhero fair to differentiate themselves from Marvel(In other words, nothing like Green Lantern from here on out). They just need to do their own thing and get someone for Batman that makes perfect sense.

• Like 1

I can't imagine Warner Bros just doing a MOS sequel before Justice League.That seems like a waste of marketing/merchandising/box office potential.I think they'll fast track Flash, WW, and Batman solo projects before JL essentially copying Marvel's formula.