#ED

REVISED Weekend Estimates 6/14--6/16: Man of Steel OW $116.7M($128.7M including WM)

Post-Father's Day drops:

Toy Story 3 - 51%

Madagascar 3 - 59% (second week, though)

Get Smart - 53%

The Proposal - 43.8% (had a bigger Sunday drop, though)

I thought were going with a GL Monday drop?

Toy Story 3 dropped 50%, but I'm sure that is highly unlikely.

Toy Story 3's Monday drop was incredible, considering how inflated Sunday was for it thanks to Father's Day. It's possible for MoS but I think the actual FD effect will apply even more so to MoS than TS3.

I'll be Kal for a bit:

Hey guys, MOS rules.  He is an icon.  There was never any doubt he would destroy the june record. Silly people here who doubted that it would do well.  lol.  Tee-hee, MOS is going to pave the way for future DC domination.  This just goes to show that movies like Spiderman and Superman are at the top of the food chain.  Pirates of the Carribean is dead.  They spent more than 600 mill on AWE and about the same on OST, they don't make profits from those.  With MOS, they will make billions from Superman underoos, lunchpails, drapes, pajamas, cooking utensils and there is an opera being developed for MOS.  They will make a ton off this.  So silly all you haters.tee-hee....hey baumer, still unemployed?  Tele, you're new at this mod thing, aren't you...it shows.  Shawn, never mind...lol....guys say a prayer for Kim and Kanye as they just had a beautiful baby boy.  Pray that God shines on them.  Also, I'm going to start up a POPT (power of positive thinking thread).  I can help you with lottery numbers if you are so inclined.  Hey baum, see how AE bombed?  Told you Smith is nothing without a costar like Goldblum.  Baum, what do you think about this mind control stuff George Nouri has been talking about on Coast to Coast...scary.

Go MOS...Go Spidey....boooo Smith...lol....see ya guys.

• Like 6

Toy Story 3's Monday drop was incredible, considering how inflated Sunday was for it thanks to Father's Day. It's possible for MoS but I think the actual FD effect will apply even more so to MoS than TS3.

So basically...

Monday: 

15M = AMAZING

14M = GREAT

13M = GOOD

12M = Expected

11M Possible Signs of Bad legs.

• Like 1

So basically...

Monday: 

15M = AMAZING

14M = GREAT

13M = GOOD

12M = Expected

11M Possible Signs of Bad legs.

Then we'll start all over again with Tuesday number. An increase from Monday, yay, thank you Canada. Staying flat = very good, Drop small = expected, drop big = bad legs

I just joined primarily to help the thread get to 250 replies.I will be interested in the final numbers from Sunday. The theatre I went today was packed. I have never seen so many people for an early morning Sunday showing. So I will be interested to see if perhaps that theatre was an anomaly. I am very glad to see it open at 100+, and I think regardless of what anyone said WB would have considered it some what of a failure if it hadn't have exceeded the 100 million mark given the marketing campaign (which has to be the best marketing campaign I've seen for a movie in a long time). I'm looking forward to news of a sequel.

• Like 6