#ED

REVISED Weekend Estimates 6/14--6/16: Man of Steel OW $116.7M($128.7M including WM)

Mmm it sounds stressful. :lol: The meltdown when Star Trek underpreformed were intense.

Meltdowns actually power page count. Which is why this thread got to 50 pages pretty quickly thanks to the debate over Walmart. Once the actual Friday numbers came in, it was somewhat clear which way the rest of the weekend was going and there was nothing left to debate and no meltdowns. So it took people actively pushing other to get this to almost 250 pages now.

If the Friday numbers had been 30M (maybe even 35M) including midnights, we would have been on page 350 by now.

And am I the only one that feels the "gross threshold" is getting bigger? I cant imagine people wanting to spend $13 to see something like Peeples, Side Effects, and The Call, but movies like Fast 6, IM3, and Oz many people don't have a problem. I feel like people think more carefully now about what they see and if its worth the money (I mean a date of 2 is $26) or if they should wait for Netflix/Redbox. I feel like spectacle is probably the biggest draw, I mean why spend $14.50 to see Peeples when you can wait 5 more months and rent it for a $1? But why wait 5 more months for F6, when its a movie you just haveee to see with a huge crowd?

Personally, something like NYSM or Internship I can wait for Redbox, but of course I'll pay for Mos or Fast 6. And I believe that soon we'll have less "middle gross" movies because of this. We'll have huge blockbusters - 3D and inflation and "must see spectacule" and then more smaller gross movies. Am I the only one that feels this?

Edited by jandrew
  • Like 2

That was brutal. We all got fucked out of 50K Points or so.Lowest estimate was at about 240M or so.

LOL wow. Yeah I was pretty surprised when it underpreformed but I wasn't like invested it in or anything. Unlike some people. :P

Edited by ban1o

Meltdowns actually power page count. Which is why this thread got to 50 pages pretty quickly thanks to the debate over Walmart. Once the actual Friday numbers came in, it was somewhat clear which way the rest of the weekend was going and there was nothing left to debate and no meltdowns. So it took people actively pushing other to get this to almost 250 pages now.

If the Friday numbers had been 30M (maybe even 35M) including midnights, we would have been on page 350 by now.

^yeah. Anytime anything goes wrong we get a bajillion pages. (Examples are endless, both oscar threads this year (the oscar night one hit 200 pages in less than 4 hours), The Avengers OW, TDKR OW, Bond's OW, and etc. )

Edited by riczhang

ha, that's interesting.

1977 - Star Wars

1982 - Wrath of Khan

1987 - Beverly Hills Cop 2

1992 - Batman Returns

1997 - Jurassic Park 2

2002 - Spider-Man

2007 - Spider-Man 3

2012 - The Avengers

That's scary

And am I the only one that feels the "gross threshold" is getting bigger? I cant imagine people wanting to spend $13 to see something like Peeples, Side Effects, and The Call, but movies like Fast 6, IM3, and Oz many people don't have a problem. I feel like people think more carefully now about what they see and if its worth the money (I mean a date of is $26) or if they should wait for Netflix/Redbox. I feel like spectacle is probably the biggest draw, I mean why spend $14.50 to see Peeples when you can wait 5 more months and rent it for a $1? But why wait 5 more months for F6, when its a movie you just haveee to see with a huge crowd?

Personally, something like NYSM or Internship I can wait for Redbox, but of course I'll pay for Mos or Fast 6. And I believe that soon we'll have less "middle gross" movies because of this. We'll have huge blockbusters - 3D and inflation and "must see spectacule" and then more smaller gross movies. Am I the only one that feels this?

You are reiterating Spielberg's point: http://www.businessinsider.com/spielberg-movie-industry-will-implode-2013-6

I know I'm late, but I just wanted to stop by and say that I saw this with my family today. It was okay. Not really good or really bad. Just okay. It didn't feel like a Superman film to me, but that doesn't mean it sucked.

Anyways, as a huge Toy Story 3 fan, it's a shame to see its June OW record go. But honestly, I should have seen it coming. It was going to happen eventually.

Also, 37M Sunday? Seriously? That would be an increase from Saturday. I know it's Father's Day, but I just don't see that strong of a hold happening. I'll be pleasantly surprised if it does.

• Like 2

And am I the only one that feels the "gross threshold" is getting bigger? I cant imagine people wanting to spend $13 to see something like Peeples, Side Effects, and The Call, but movies like Fast 6, IM3, and Oz many people don't have a problem. I feel like people think more carefully now about what they see and if its worth the money (I mean a date of is $26) or if they should wait for Netflix/Redbox. I feel like spectacle is probably the biggest draw, I mean why spend $14.50 to see Peeples when you can wait 5 more months and rent it for a $1? But why wait 5 more months for F6, when its a movie you just haveee to see with a huge crowd?

Yeah I defnitely agree with you. budgets are also going to get bigger and bigger trying to create more and more spectacle so audiences will see the movie in the theatre. In a age when you can stram a movie for free online, why would you pay 12 dollars to see Peeples in the theater. I kind of feel story will be sacrificed in favour of style and the spectacle.

Edited by ban1o
  • Like 1

I know I'm late, but I just wanted to stop by and say that I saw this with my family today. It was okay. Not really good or really bad. Just okay. It didn't feel like a Superman film to me, but that doesn't mean it sucked. Anyways, as a huge Toy Story 3 fan, it's a shame to see its June OW record go. But honestly, I should have seen it coming. It was going to happen eventually. Also, 37M Sunday? Seriously? That would be an increase from Saturday. I know it's Father's Day, but I just don't see that strong of a hold happening. I'll be pleasantly surprised if it does.

35M would get it just passed SM1 OW.

Unless its the most anticipated movie of the year. For some it was STiD.

That one was not fun for me cause I wanted STiD to do better. But the Memorial Day Weekend was funny cause how big a flop THO3 was  :lol:

That one was not fun for me cause I wanted STiD to do better. But the Memorial Day Weekend was funny cause how big a flop THO3 was  :lol:

Another BSG flop.

I will give a like out to anyone who recognizes who my avatar is

Don't know if someone responded, Orphan Black chick, tatiana maslany. She's getting a lot of recognition might have to check out the series.

Told y'all about a soft drop on sunday. Increase seems too good to be true though.

• Like 1

Don't know if someone responded, Orphan Black chick, tatiana maslany. She's getting a lot of recognition might have to check out the series.

Told y'all about a soft drop on sunday. Increase seems too good to be true though.

LOL I beat you

• Like 1