#ED

REVISED Weekend Estimates 6/14--6/16: Man of Steel OW $116.7M($128.7M including WM)

What page are the numbers on?

FRIDAY 11:30 PM, 3RD & 4TH UPDATEsSuperman audiences have just thumbed their noses at the new movie’s critics and given it an ‘A-’ CinemaScore. That will further help word of mouth as it’s already setting records for the biggest opening for June and the second biggest weekend opening of 2013. Warner Bros’ and Legendary Pictures’ Man Of Steel (4,207 theaters with 3D in 3,357 venues) opened Thursday and is flying high at the domestic box office today on its way into the weekend. My sources have now refined their estimates to $46M Friday including that $9M in midnight shows (though some think the number could get as high as $50M). That makes for $120M for the three-day weekend, and $132M for the four-day cume including that $12M from Thursday 7 PM Wal-Mart shows. Even with a longish running time of two hours and 23 minutes, the Chris Nolan-Zack Snyder-David S. Goyer-Henry Cavill PG-13 tentpole could pack a stronger punch because of the 3D premium and immense wannasee. Meanwhile, counter-programming the Man Of Steeljuggernaut this weekend is Sony/Columbia Pictures’ raunchy apocalyptic comedy This Is The End (3,055 theaters). It received a ‘B+’ CinemaScore from audiences and 82% positive reviews on Rotten Tomatoes and a #1 reception Wednesday. With a dearth of both ‘R’-rated movies or well-received laughers in the marketplace, pic made $7M or Friday, $21M for the 3-day weekend, and $32.3M for the 5-day cume - about what it cost. Read more here.

Total moviegoing for this weekend shaping up as huge $200M, up +63% from last year as Summer 2013 continues to sizzle. Here’s the rest of the Top Tenbased on Friday estimates:

3. Now You See Me )Summit/Lionsgate Week 3 [Runs 3,082] PG13Friday $3.1M, Weekend $11.5M, Cume $81.2M

4. The Purge (Universal) Week 2 [Runs 2,591] RFriday $2.8M (-83%), Weekend $8.5M, Cume $52.1M

5. Fast & Furious 6 (Universal) Week 4 [Runs 3,375 PG13Friday $2.5M, Weekend $8.4M, Cume $218.5M

6. The Internship (New Regency/Fox) Week 2 [Runs 3,399]Friday $2.2M (-65%), Weekend $7.0M, Cume $31.0M

7. Epic (Blue Sky/Fox) Week 4 [Runs 3,151] PGFriday $1.6M, Weekend $5.8M, Cume $95.2M

8. Star Trek Into Darkness (Paramount) Week 5 [Runs 2,331] PG13Friday $1.3M, Weekend $5.5M, Cume $210.3M

9. After Earth (Sony) Week 3 [Runs 2,432] PG13Friday $1.0M, Weekend $3.5M, Cume $54.0M

10. Iron Man 3 )Marvel/Disney) Week 7 [Runs 1,649] PG13Friday $650K, Weekend $2.6M, Cume $399.4M

Edited by kayumanggi
  • Like 1

Just saw MOS. I don't get its RT score, at all. Yes, it's not perfect, have some pace issues, the 2nd half could've been much better, but 57%?? That just doesn't make sense. It deserves better than FF6, and even IM3. Personally, it's one of my favorite superhero movies. It has emotions, stunning visuals, cool action scenes, I think it's what a Superman movie should be. People seem to love it too. Oh and I LOVE the score! That music and the image of Superman flying. Just perfect.

• Like 3

FRIDAY 11:30 PM, 3RD & 4TH UPDATEsSuperman audiences have just thumbed their noses at the new movie’s critics and given it an ‘A-’ CinemaScore. That will further help word of mouth as it’s already setting records for the biggest opening for June and the second biggest weekend opening of 2013. Warner Bros’ and Legendary Pictures’ Man Of Steel (4,207 theaters with 3D in 3,357 venues) opened Thursday and is flying high at the domestic box office today on its way into the weekend. My sources have now refined their estimates to $46M Friday including that $9M in midnight shows (though some think the number could get as high as $50M). That makes for $120M for the three-day weekend, and $132M for the four-day cume including that $12M from Thursday 7 PM Wal-Mart shows. Even with a longish running time of two hours and 23 minutes, the Chris Nolan-Zack Snyder-David S. Goyer-Henry Cavill PG-13 tentpole could pack a stronger punch because of the 3D premium and immense wannasee. Meanwhile, counter-programming the Man Of Steeljuggernaut this weekend is Sony/Columbia Pictures’ raunchy apocalyptic comedy This Is The End (3,055 theaters). It received a ‘B+’ CinemaScore from audiences and 82% positive reviews on Rotten Tomatoes and a #1 reception Wednesday. With a dearth of both ‘R’-rated movies or well-received laughers in the marketplace, pic made $7M or Friday, $21M for the 3-day weekend, and $32.3M for the 5-day cume - about what it cost. Read more here.

Total moviegoing for this weekend shaping up as huge $200M, up +63% from last year as Summer 2013 continues to sizzle. Here’s the rest of the Top Tenbased on Friday estimates:

3. Now You See Me )Summit/Lionsgate Week 3 [Runs 3,082] PG13Friday $3.1M, Weekend $11.5M, Cume $81.2M

4. The Purge (Universal) Week 2 [Runs 2,591] RFriday $2.8M (-83%), Weekend $8.5M, Cume $52.1M

5. Fast & Furious 6 (Universal) Week 4 [Runs 3,375 PG13Friday $2.5M, Weekend $8.4M, Cume $218.5M

6. The Internship (New Regency/Fox) Week 2 [Runs 3,399]Friday $2.2M (-65%), Weekend $7.0M, Cume $31.0M

7. Epic (Blue Sky/Fox) Week 4 [Runs 3,151] PGFriday $1.6M, Weekend $5.8M, Cume $95.2M

8. Star Trek Into Darkness (Paramount) Week 5 [Runs 2,331] PG13Friday $1.3M, Weekend $5.5M, Cume $210.3M

9. After Earth (Sony) Week 3 [Runs 2,432] PG13Friday $1.0M, Weekend $3.5M, Cume $54.0M

10. Iron Man 3 )Marvel/Disney) Week 7 [Runs 1,649] PG13Friday $650K, Weekend $2.6M, Cume $399.4M

Thanks Kayu!

• Like 1

About Cinemascore.

Darker films always get a lower score compared to lighter films...

Always. 

From a WOM its at 8.4 starting which is good but looks to drop.

So I would WOM is overall Good but not great..

However as reviews have lowered all expectations likely the film will likely be remembered as better then expected. 

zzzzzzzzzz

Again with this. You don't know how WOM wil be just yet. Wait a week. And so far there are no signs of MOS dropping from 8.4 It will sooner or later but it has not for the past 15.000+ votes.

With MOS might have to go back to orig 45-50 range,still quite a few to come in , not feeling it doing 50 atm

Holdovers fri

TITE 7m,NYSM 3.2,Purge 2.9,FF6 2.5,Intern 2.2,Epic 1.7,STid 1.5,AE 1.2,THO3 800k, IM3 650k

BM 550k

Bumping for ECSTASY.

Edited by druv10
  • Like 2

It could hit 400M by Sunday, if it gets big boost on FD.  :D

Thanks for bumping rth numbers. It may or may not but that's okay. It will. MOS didn't completely wipe it from existence, lol.

Edited by ECSTASY

first you said WOM is amazing and is and now you say wait a week.

Anyways TBH both of us don't know. 

Never said it was amazing I said I think it's going to be great (I said that before the Friday numbers too). So far it looks very good. We'll see. Anyone know how the Transformers movies got so much $$$ ?? Never heard a single good WOM from anyone about any of them and they all made bank. :ph34r: