75 members have voted

1. 1. grade it

pretty dumb movie with a terribly miscast lead actor. Pitt gives no fucks and the script has more holes than a swiss cheese. 

that beign said, the action scenes are quite tense and some setpieces are really close to being memorable. The third act is decent.

it was decently good the first time I watched, now after watching a second time, it's just problematic.

Old rating: 75/100
New rating: 55/100 (it was a 45/100 movie before the third act)

Wanted to like it a lot, tried to like it, couldn't like it. It starts off promising and doesn't really waste much time getting into the plot which is good but after that it just starts going downhill and by the third act it finally just loses it. Kind of the definition of a "mess" if you ask me with bland cinematography, one-note characters, and every video-game zombie cliche' there is (which is ironic because from what I hear the book's zombies were much less cliche'). The last act with the teeth-clicking zombie was laughable. Brad Pitt tries, but doesn't have much to work with, and I know it was a film he really wanted to get done but things just didn't work out this time.

I give it a C-.