Plain Old Tele

The Incredible Hulk (2008)

The Incredible Hulk (2008)  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

Haven't seen this in awhile, but I thought it was great. Would have liked to see a sequel.

I wish Ed Norton was in The Avengers movies :(

I remember hearing that Ed wanted to get paid as much as RDJ, but Marvel didn't want to negotiate and dropped him. Ed probably regrets it now.

• Like 1

Haven't seen this in awhile, but I thought it was great. Would have liked to see a sequel.

I wish Ed Norton was in The Avengers movies :(

I remember hearing that Ed wanted to get paid as much as RDJ, but Marvel didn't want to negotiate and dropped him. Ed probably regrets it now.

I believe it was more creative conflicts. Norton tends to be a way who wants to work a particular way with his character, and be involved with giving story/character input (in terms of his characters, at least). Obviously, that's not really the way Marvel works.

I believe it was more creative conflicts. Norton tends to be a way who wants to work a particular way with his character, and be involved with giving story/character input (in terms of his characters, at least). Obviously, that's not really the way Marvel works.

RDJ did and does that with Iron Man.

It's more that Norton is a big ole PITA. (cough*Birdman*cough)  He wanted creative control of the movie and when he didn't get final cut he initially refused to do publicity before doing a bit at the last minute.  They later did negotiations for Avengers though I'm not sure why it even went that far.

Edited by TalismanRing

He is indeed an PITA, but some directors can and even relish working with people like that. Marvel is not one of those entities, though.

Yes, some people and working relationships thrive on the drama and conflict of creative clashes [look at all the actors who go back to DOR etc]. 

Personally, if it's a one time thing I can see suffering through that in the name of "art" but a working relationship that would span multiple films maybe over a decade?  Life's too short for that kind of bullshit.  Especially, when you can find another great actor who can play well with others and you're playing in a very interconnected film series. Norton on the set of Avengers would probably have made working life hell.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 1

It's a good movie. but almost all the best scene are when he is not big and green, the chase scene in the beginning was fantastic. but the final showdown with Hulk and Abomination was awful. 

• Like 1