Jandrew

Sunday/Wknd #'s, MU 23-24/82, WWZ 17-18/66, MoS 11.7-12.3/41.2, TITE 13, NYSM 7.8 BOM, RTH

If it increases 15% on Saturday, then I know nothing about box office and I'll leave for good.  There's no way it has that small of an increase.

LOl rem Baumer bud.. Our Ikent friend is more a  marvel fan..He doesnt want  MOS beating TASM I think :P lol.

I think Saturday and Sunday could save the Day baumer. Dont let guestimates shirk you on  that 50mil..It may hold together nicely. Infact some of the news on the web  says 53M 2nd OW possible for MOS.. :) Though I dont know how accurate those posts are :)

Edited by Superman001

My logic made sense as to why it would jump more than 100% on Friday.

Logic doesn't apply to MOS I guess.  :)

just wondering

how long we have to wait until offical figure come out(for friday)?

Edited by rickfox

Green Lantern had a 66% drop in its second weekend, off terrible WOM. MOS can't do that badly (can it?) but I think WOM and lack of re-watchability is definitely hurting it. 

WOM is good in NA Green...So I dont see it dropping that badly.. And it held nicely for a reboot  last week..So I disagree.

The only thing hurting Supes is the massive business of MU and Z...lol..And Supes is doing great for a reboot or any film for that matter against  them in its 2nd Weekend

just wondering

how long we have to wait until offical figure come out(for friday)?

Around 3.5 hours.  But these are about as official as they come.  RTH is our God.

Green Lantern had a 66% drop in its second weekend, off terrible WOM. MOS can't do that badly (can it?) but I think WOM and lack of re-watchability is definitely hurting it.

I don't think it's bad WOM, rather luke warm WOM, and stronger than anticipated competition. Not to mention, I have several friends with kids in the 6-8 range who have opted to skip MOS because they feel like it's too violent (granted they also won't be taking their kids to see WWZ either). These are people who took their kids to IM3. I was hoping all 3 films could top the 50 million mark. That is probably a pipe dream now. I think what will be important is what the drops are like this next week and next weekend. If it performed the same way GL did, then I think a sequel is in serious jeopardy.

GL didn't have much of strong and direct competition in its second weekend.

GL didn't have much of strong and direct competition in its second weekend.

Cars2 and Bad Teacher did close to 100 mill in GL's second weekend.

Edited by baumer

MOS has been pretty disappointing so far and I haven't even seen it yet. Was hoping for movie of the year and instead it seems it's another Watchmen. Poor reviews, half the audience hate it, half love it and it's box office will be meh. Still not convinced the sequel is a lock either after the amount of money they spent on it.

Cars and Bad Teacher did close to 100 mill in GL's second weekend.

yes, I know; I just don't think either was GL's direct competitor. Bad Teacher is R rated comedy and Cars an animation feature. Maybe Cars was a strong and direct competition? much like many people here think MU also cut into MoS demo.

MOS has been pretty disappointing so far and I haven't even seen it yet. Was hoping for movie of the year and instead it seems it's another Watchmen. Poor reviews, half the audience hate it, half love it and it's box office will be meh. Still not convinced the sequel is a lock either after the amount of money they spent on it.

Lol they spent 300M in total costs its going to reach 800+M WW or around there..Red seems your marvel love is showing ROFL.

And you obviously havent look at cinemascore both males and females giving MOS an B+ to A-.. So sorry the audiences are loving it.  Theres just alot of competition and Supes may still get 45-53M :)

I was actually thinking abt watching it with all the ppl cheering for it on this forum

then I looked at ppl's reaction here & thought that Id better watch a film with Til Schweiger which comes out this wkend as well  :lol:

Edited by Leyla

Just going to leave MU/WWZ where I had them but MOS comes down

MU 29.8-32,WWZ 25-27, MOS 12.5, TITE 4.2, NYSM 2.4, FF6 1.5, Purge 1.1, Intern 1.1, STID 900k, BR 700k

Posted Image

• Like 3

I made good on my word that this movie would not receive a WWW Thread if it did 85M or above and it broke out and did so.. However, I said 40-45M for the 2nd weekend and if this somehow comes in well under what I predicted, then I think a WWW Thread should stick...

Well MOS is looking for north of 800M WW and 300+M domestic..Its the biggest reboot in history my son and its more impressive

than TASM by far. Since Spideys reboot came off an 890+M juggernaut!!LOL.

MOS's 800+ M WW comes off a big flop in SR.. So bigger props goes to Big Blue. And you know it.