Sims

Boxoffice.com's Top 100 Films of All Time 2013 -- RESULTS PRESENTATION 4 PM PST/7 PM EST

while there are obviously disagreements, ric's is the best list so far probably, certainly in number of masterpieces. and not seeing enough is no excuse, i've probably seen less than everyone here with 29. :lol: masterpieces 2001: A Space OdysseyThe Three Colours TrilogyMetropolisBarry Lyndon12 Angry MenLa Nuit Americane (Day for Night)No Country for Old MenDr. Stranglove: or How I learned to stop worrying and love the bombAll Quiet on the Western FrontThere Will Be Blood very good Rear WindowБроненосец «Потёмкин» (The Battleship Potemkin)ChinatownA Bout de Souffle (Breathless)8 ½CasablancaCitizen KanePsycho not bad Once Upon a Time in the WestAmadeusThe Lord of the Rings Trilogy eh The Tree of LifeThe Wizard of Oz (1939) poor NosferatuRopeCity LightsJaws shit E.T.Star Wars Original Trilogy

In what universe this or an alternate one is Jaws a poor film.

I was enthralled with Citizen Kane. The way te story was told was not only revolutionary, but also captivating. I loved the experience. And after the movie is over and you digest the influence it had on every single film that proceeded, you can't help but stand in awe of it. Everything about the film is great and masterful.

Everything about the film is horrible.  When you digest what you have just seen, you suddenly feel the need to head to the rest room.

• Like 2

TDK is #17 on my list ... and 4 or 5 years ago, it would have been top 10, but I've calmed down on it. 

I'm still pissed that I forgot to put in Dark City ... that's been a top 25 film for me since I first saw it over a dozen years ago. 

Edited by Adam
  • Like 1