Biggestgeekever

Wkend #s: 82.5 DM2, 29.4 TFR, 25 Heat, 19.6 MU

Now what film this year could become a cult hit? (Which quite a few were bombs and not liked at the time of release, like Rocky Horror!)

Let's see, Hansel and Gretel! The Call! Dark Skies! (Just naming a few possible ones :P)

Best candidates from the past 12 months are Dredd and Oblivion.

• Like 1

Well saying some future release like Machete Kills is just too obvious of a pick, I want to think outside of the box for what could be a cult hit someday :P

Movies that are made with "This is going to be a cult movie" in mind will never become cult classics. See: the million Grindhouse ripoffs made since 2007

Edited by Jack Nevada

Well saying some future release like Machete Kills is just too obvious of a pick, I want to think outside of the box for what could be a cult hit someday :P

People really got enamored with the idea of The Purge. The movie itself may not be beloved, but it could turn into a cult hit if sequels pop up and people are still fascinated by the idea behind the film a few years from now.

People really got enamored with the idea of The Purge. The movie itself may not be beloved, but it could turn into a cult hit if sequels pop up and people are still fascinated by the idea behind the film a few years from now.

Then there are cases like "Star Trek" show only lasted 3 years but look how big it became.

Then there is Batman and Robin-it has a cult following, but not the type you would want for your film :P

That movie is still in the "most mentioned 16 years later movie summer" TOP3.

lol

Yes, I love that movie too! :) the last Ice Age though was not nearly as good as the first three.

I admit that the serial feel of the saga cheapens it a little bit and is not very ground-breaking in a cinematic way but STILL:

I so love these characters, their interactions and the visuals.

• Like 1

I admit that the serial feel of the saga cheapens it a little bit and is not very ground-breaking in a cinematic way but STILL:I so love these characters, their interactions and the visuals.

Ice Age 3 had better visuals than Up, and the film only cost 90 million dollars! :)