Biggestgeekever

Wkend #s: 82.5 DM2, 29.4 TFR, 25 Heat, 19.6 MU

• Founder / Operator

I hope WHD does develop good legs though, it's one of the better movies this summer imo.

It's nothing I'll remember for long, but I did think it was entertaining and a good way to kill 2 hours at the theater. Loved the cast, and enjoyed it more than any Emmerich movie since The Patriot (which is a huge guilty pleasure of mine).

• Like 1

Here was a pretty bad one: Cabin Fever on it's poster had a review from Peter Jackson. Why is that pretty bad? He produced the film! What were you expecting his review to say?

• Like 2

I could help out with the RTM threads.

No, it's okay.  We have enough mods doing them.  But thank you though.  It's really not that big a deal, I make it out to be much more of a nuisance that it really is.

• Founder / Operator

Here was a pretty bad one: Cabin Fever on it's poster had a review from Peter Jackson. Why is that pretty bad? He produced the film! What were you expecting his review to say?

Thing is though, his name did help that movie a little bit. I remember the TV spots also quoted him along with a few other filmmakers/producers.

I doubt Twitter user @wankinittotatum is going to be as convincingly reputable.

• Like 2

Well Shawn there was the fake reviewer by Sony.

And I remember seeing a TV spot for this kids film "Wild Thornberries" and noticing every single review was by the same reviewer, but it made it look like it was loved so much by how many quotes they used.

No, it's okay.  We have enough mods doing them.  But thank you though.  It's really not that big a deal, I make it out to be much more of a nuisance that it really is.

Okay. I just mean that the requests quite often pile up and then it becomes a big job for the mod to do a bunch of new threads. I spend a lot of time here and could have done them before they start piling up. 

Thing is though, his name did help that movie a little bit. I remember the TV spots also quoted him along with a few other filmmakers/producers.

I doubt Twitter user @wankinittotatum is going to be as convincingly reputable.

I remember Bill Paxton's only foray into directing, Frailty.  He had some very, very big names comment on the quality of his film.  James Cameron said it was the scariest film he'd seen in ages and Sam Raimi said something similar.  These were guys he had worked with before but it was still cool to see their names on the poster.  Too  bad it didn't help as that film tanked.  But it was really well done.  I'd like to see Paxton take another swing at directing. 

• Like 1

I somehow spent 40 minutes in bestbuy and left with only a pack of AA Batteries.

:rofl: :rofl:

Random post of the day.

• Like 1

I remember Bill Paxton's only foray into directing, Frailty.  He had some very, very big names comment on the quality of his film.  James Cameron said it was the scariest film he'd seen in ages and Sam Raimi said something similar.  These were guys he had worked with before but it was still cool to see their names on the poster.  Too  bad it didn't help as that film tanked.  But it was really well done.  I'd like to see Paxton take another swing at directing. 

Well the difference is that they didn't have something to do with it-when the producer of a movie puts a review that almost feels like it is cheating.

:rofl: :rofl:

Random post of the day.

I had both Riddick movies in my hand but Rich sort of killed the vibe for me.

There aren't any blu rays out there that I should have(I have most of them).