Biggestgeekever

Wkend #s: 82.5 DM2, 29.4 TFR, 25 Heat, 19.6 MU

Off topic but god I love Sinister. Outside the goofy deputy character and the stupid ending its a great horror movie. I've seen it three times and it always manages to creep me the fuck out. 

Just checked-not that many sold out showings today, TLR and DM2 have a few, but not as near as many as the last couple of days.

Now-anyone have sold out reports for films not in the top 5?

• Founder / Operator

I find that I agree with general audiences slightly more than critics--mainly because audiences don't let a few dislikes overshadow the rest of the film. But at the end of the day, I prefer to see a movie and decide for myself. Critics are often just general audiences with more cynism alongside their deeper "knowledge" of film.

• Like 3

Lets do a little poll:1. What do you think is the most underrated/overrated film of the year so far?2. Best scene of the year so far3. Best performance of the year so far

underrated-lone ranger overrated-monsters u2.hotel scene from before midnight3 . Julie Delpy and Ethan Hawke Edited by Michael Gary Scott

Cloudy with meatballs was a suprisingly good film! I dreaded seeing the film, and when I saw it it was very good, better than DM perhaps.

Agree! I didn't see this one in 3D but it felt like a good movie to watched in 3D

I tend to agree with the critic more often than general audiences, but there's definitely been plenty of raved films I disliked and vice versa. Having said that, I'll definitely listen to critics' reviews on movies, because with going out to the movies costing as much as it does, I don't want to pay to see a movie in theaters unless I have a feeling that I'm really going to like it.

It's always important to see a movie before you make judgement. You never know what you're gonna get.

To be fair, critics and audience opinions line up more than people realize/want to admit. There's always been plenty of certified fresh summer blockbusters, and the big BP noms tend to do well with audiences, too.

Edited by Spaghetti
  • Like 1

Off topic but god I love Sinister. Outside the goofy deputy character and the stupid ending its a great horror movie. I've seen it three times and it always manages to creep me the fuck out.

except ethan hawke never turns the lights on throughout the whole movie bugged the crap out of me.

The best way to judge a movie is just to see it with your own eyes. With that said, I tend to agree more with critics than general audience. However, there are exceptions to that though.

• Like 1

You see there are 2 types of eaters-cats and dogs. Cats are picky, dogs will eat anything.So I guess it can be like films :PNow I do give quite a few A's when I first see the film but they do get lower later sometimes.

And I just try to avoid films I am sure I wont like.

• Like 1

• Founder / Operator

I'm surprised at how much I find myself wanting to see Lone Ranger again. It's an incredibly flawed movie, but somehow, it still entertained me 85% of the time.

• Like 1

I'm surprised at how much I find myself wanting to see Lone Ranger again. It's an incredibly flawed movie, but somehow, it still entertained me 85% of the time.

Yeah it was-it also was very enjoyable given the audience I had.

• Like 1