#ED

Wknd Est: DM2 - 44.7M ; GU2 - 42.5M; PR - 38.3M; Heat - 14M; TLR - 11.1M; MU - 10.6M (PG 100)

It’s not supposed to be. Del Toro made Pacific Rim because he wanted to make a fun film.

Not quite sure how to interpret that. All of his previous films have been fun, in addition to having other great qualities to them.

I have my own opinions and hearsay on why Del Toro made this, and my main issue is just that I don't like the fact he made this film to begin with.

• Like 1

GDT is clearly more at home in a fantasy setting over a sci-fi one. He really should have done Hobbit over PR.

He should have done *anything* over this, as far as I'm concerned.

Hobbit, Hellboy 3, At the Mountains of Madness, or even one of his other unnamed projects on his shelf. Any of those to me would have been better than this.

I have my own opinions and hearsay on why Del Toro made this, and my main issue is just that I don't like the fact he made this film to begin with.

He’s a huge fan of Kaiju films. This was his love letter to that genre.

Edited by Boxofficefanatic
  • Like 1

He’s a huge fan of Kaiju films. This was his love letter to that genre.

Yes I'm well aware of that. I just personally disagree with his decision to make a big-budget film about it, especially when fans of his for years have been clamoring for other films.

Edited by ACCA

Not quite sure how to interpret that. All of his previous films have been fun, in addition to having other great qualities to them.I have my own opinions and hearsay on why Del Toro made this, and my main issue is just that I don't like the fact he made this film to begin with.

Probably doesn't help you looking more forward to seeing it, but while I really liked PR and thought it was an awesome theater experience (even on only a liemax as opposed to real imax) and the sfx and sense of scope are amazing, there's really not much that makes it feel like a Del Toro movie the way Hellboy1/2 or Pans do, etc. You could slap tons of other directors name on this movie and not know the difference.

Probably doesn't help you looking more forward to seeing it, but while I really liked PR and thought it was an awesome theater experience (even on only a liemax as opposed to real imax) and the sfx and sense of scope are amazing, there's really not much that makes it feel like a Del Toro movie the way Hellboy1/2 or Pans do, etc. You could slap tons of other directors name on this movie and not know the difference.

<_<

So it looks like my sense was correct, even not yet having seen it.

Yes I'm well aware of that. I just personally disagree with his decision to make a big-budget film about it, especially when fans of his for years have been clamoring for other films.

He couldn’t make At the Mountains of Madness because he couldn’t get funding for it.

Hellboy 3 also fell apart.

Edited by Boxofficefanatic

Completely disagree, He created the world and tone. The movie knew what it was and that's the number 1 thing a film like this needs to do.

That's not what meant though...I mean when the credits roll you could have slapped tons of other directors names there and not know the difference or question it, etc. Not that they would have made the same movie as Del Toro. Edited by FTF

WC is performing bit better with SR then EC or middle  compared to the others

It should be big in San Francisco. Hawaii too. We always worried about Godzilla attacking when I lived over there.

That's not what meant though...I mean when the credits roll you could have slapped tons of other directors names there and not know the difference or question it, etc. Not that they would have made the same movie as Del Toro.

I don't know, Del Toro has a unique style of humor, and visuals for that matter. 

The Heat already has a sequel greenlit from what I understand. And we'll definitely get a Superman sequel out of MOS.

really!??

it would be awesome!

nysm will get a sequel too :P

& hopefully tite :lol:

Edited by Leyla