#ED

Wknd Est: DM2 - 44.7M ; GU2 - 42.5M; PR - 38.3M; Heat - 14M; TLR - 11.1M; MU - 10.6M (PG 100)

I haven't seen a Sandler film in theaters since Big Daddy.

Have less than zero interest in anything he's done in the last 10 years ... too bad as I really enjoyed his earlier films.

I take that back ... I did check out Funny People due to the Apatow thing ... and Click for Kate Beckinsale. ;) (of course, just on hbo when I was bored)

Edited by Adam

No, because I have a feeling, that fanboy movies are generally stronger there. Comic movies are most of the time, aren't they?

I honestly have no idea.  I was just fooling about.  :)

I just didn't see anything below 20M after that 3.6M.I competey forgot WWZ's preview/midnight was fucked because of the NBA Final Game.

Follows Oblivion

Fri 14.5m

Sat 16.05m

Sun 9.86m

OW 40.4m

So you are saying it would have to increase by about 50% on Saturday to hit 40 mill.  And the Sunday drops are not nearly that big in the summer.

Man, original sci-fi is dying a slow death this year (Oblivion, After Earth, Pacific Rim).Elysium is the last hope.

And it looks good, but anything more than D9, imo, isn't realistic.  

• Like 1

Man, original sci-fi is dying a slow death this year (Oblivion, After Earth, Pacific Rim).Elysium is the last hope.

I pray to the movie gods that Elysium and Gravity are great movies and then rewarded at the box office.

And it looks good, but anything more than D9, imo, isn't realistic.  

I was just going to say ... Elysium feels like something that's going to mix in with this current batch of sci fi (Oblivion, Pacific Rim) and do 35-45.  Any more than 45 is strictly on Matt Damon expanding the audience IMO, which is something I don't really see happening to a large degree outside Bourne.

Edited by Adam
  • Like 1

Man I've been disappointed since these numbers...I expected alot more meltdowns. :P

Pretty sure the Rimmers are still in the denial phase.

Edited by Sims
  • Like 2

I was just going to say ... Elysium feels like something that's going to mix in with this current batch of sci fi (Oblivion, Pacific Rim) and do 35-45.  Any more than 45 is strictly on Matt Damon expanding the audience IMO, which is something I don't really see happening to a large degree outside Bourne.

Outside of Bourne, Damon's movies don't tend to open higher than 20 million.

I pray to the movie gods that Elysium and Gravity are great movies and then rewarded at the box office.

If they’re great, they could still fail at the box office, unless the studio properly markets them.