baumer

Wednesday #s RTH

Thor 2 could challenge ASM domestic and MOS worldwide.750 M WW might be on the table if the Avengers effect hasn't dampered too much since IM3.

I believe Thor 2 will show how much The Avengers effect is pretty much alive and kicking, I can see it making more than $1B WW.

ASM2 310 milCA2 240 milThor 2 230 milDOFP 230 mil 

My predictions for 2014's superhero blockbusters:

The Amazing Spider-Man 2: $350m-400m DOM / $600m-$650m OS

X-Men: Days of Future Past: $250m-$300m DOM / $200m-$250m OS*

Captain America: Winter Soldier: $240m-$290m DOM / $300m-$350m OS

Guardians of the Galaxy: $260m-$310m DOM / $200m-$250m OS

* I believe that just like Man of Steel, DoFP will suffer from the fact that its release date is too close from TASM2 and CA:WS, it won't be affected that much DOM, but OS will certainly suffer. I wouldn't be surprised if it's release isn't pushed to after the Brazil's World Cup, something like July. You need to understand that the market works different outside NA, and Î feel like DoFP will be the one pushed back from these three films. Regardless, DoFP will hopefully be uncanny enough to make more than $500m WW, something no X-Men film has ever done so far.

LOL, The Amazing Shitfest 2 isn't beating Thor 2 WW. 

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 is easily one of the most anticipated films for 2014, and while I believe that Thor 2 will come with The Avengers effect in full swing, I believe TASM2 will gross more. TASM2 has the potential to be Spider-Man's The Dark Knight, I'm very confident that they'll be able to pull of the best Spider-Man film yet. 

:huh: So TA Effect has been dampened cause of IM3? That's why it grossed 1.2B+ WW, right?

As I've said earlier, I don't believe that The Avengers Effect has been dampened by one bit. IM3 is brilliant and the audiences love it, regardless of what the naysayers say. For some here, IM3 is hated while MoS is loved. The box office clearly tells a very different story. 

• Like 2

It's going to be very hard... but I get the feeling Disney will expand where necessary to get it there. It still has the Labor Day advantage to hope for...  :ph34r:

Wow. What a misfire.

• Like 1

It's going to be very hard... but I get the feeling Disney will expand where necessary to get it there. It still has the Labor Day advantage to hope for...  :ph34r:

Fucking embarrassing for everyone involved.

Hmm I forgot about GOTG... I would say 200-220 is a good target.Why does GOTG have a better range than CA2 IHowlett? Just curious.

It's more wishful thinking that GotG will break out to be honest. I feel like GotG will be the film I'll be championing next year just like I've been doing for The Wolverine this year. I feel like it has the potential to break out and have some  amazing legs.

• Like 1

Nice, almost 4K screens!! Now if it can just perform solidly on them it's numbers should be good to great!!

http://www.boxoffice.com/latest-news/2013-07-25-north-america-the-wolverine-is-outpacing-x-men-first-class-on-fandango

Fandango reports that The Wolverine is outpacing 2011's X-Men: First Class by an impressive 39% margin at the same point in the sales cycle. First Class debuted to a healthy $55 million in June 2011, so the strong sales bode well for The Wolverine. Hugh Jackman's latest take on the iconic character also accounts for 51% of daily sales on Fandango. 

It's more wishful thinking that GotG will break out to be honest. I feel like GotG will be the film I'll be championing next year just like I've been doing for The Wolverine this year. I feel like it has the potential to break out and have some amazing legs.

Oh yeah, I remember you joined my Wolverine over X Men 1 club!And also, I think X Men will be hurt by CA2 and ASM2 as well. Cap2 and ASM2 are my most anticipated superhero films next year. ( and are my favorite superheros)
  • Like 1

http://www.boxoffice.com/latest-news/2013-07-25-north-america-the-wolverine-is-outpacing-x-men-first-class-on-fandango

Fandango reports that The Wolverine is outpacing 2011's X-Men: First Class by an impressive 39% margin at the same point in the sales cycle. First Class debuted to a healthy $55 million in June 2011, so the strong sales bode well for The Wolverine. Hugh Jackman's latest take on the iconic character also accounts for 51% of daily sales on Fandango. 

And

A Fandango survey of 1,000 Wolverine ticket buyers reveals the following:

91% have seen the previous X-Men and Wolverine movies73% would not want to see a Wolverine film without Hugh Jackman in the title role70% say the exotic setting has increased their interest in seeing the movieA whopping 95% cannot wait to see the follow-up film, X-Men: Days of Future Past

• Like 3

And

A Fandango survey of 1,000 Wolverine ticket buyers reveals the following:

91% have seen the previous X-Men and Wolverine movies73% would not want to see a Wolverine film without Hugh Jackman in the title role70% say the exotic setting has increased their interest in seeing the movieA whopping 95% cannot wait to see the follow-up film, X-Men: Days of Future Past

LOL Neo will get you.

• Like 2

Oh yeah, I remember you joined my Wolverine over X Men 1 club!And also, I think X Men will be hurt by CA2 and ASM2 as well. Cap2 and ASM2 are my most anticipated superhero films next year. ( and are my favorite superheros)

Overseas Cap and Spidey will hurt DoFP for different reasons than DOM. For an example, the reason Man of Steel wasn't released at the same day and date than DOM around here was because the Confederation's Cup here in Brazil. Outside the US, real football is a really big deal and the World Cup is pretty huge. The overseas market can take two superhero films within one month, but not three. It's simply too much, and I feel like DoFP will be the most affected because of the World Cup overseas. The move that Fox did must have a logic, but I feel like if they actually kept that date, DoFP would be a lot more bigger overseas, because it'd mean that it would have no problem been released worldwide with the same day and date. 

• Like 1

• Founder / Operator

It was a guesstimate, but something tells me it should open higher than MoS(being a sequel and all).

Wowza. I might change my mind by November, but I can't see Thor 2 opening near that mark. MoS had one of the best marketing campaigns in a long time alongside Nolan's name.

Just a $100m OW for Thor 2 would be stellar.

• Like 2

• Founder / Operator

Watching Hot Fuzz. I've finally come to the conclusion its better than Shaun of the Dead. The laugh-a-minute rate is so consistent that it challenges movies like The Naked Gun and Anchorman.

Ever seen Bad Boys 2?

• Like 2