TheMovieman

Movies that take place over a day/night.

I was wondering how many movies can people name that unfold over the course of a day and/or night?

Master List:

[*]After Hours [*]Alice in Wonderland [*]A Christmas Carol [*]Before Sunrise [*]Before Sunset [*]Breakfast Club [*]The Cannonball Run [*]Can't Hardly Wait [*]Carnage [*]Cloverfield [*]Clue [*]Collateral [*]Dazed and Confused [*]Die Hard (all four movies?) [*]Dog Day Afternoon [*]Ferris Bueller's Day Off [*]Irreversible [*]Judgement Night [*]Last Night [*]Margin Call [*]Narnia Films [*]Neverending Story [*]Nick of Time [*]Nick and Nora's Infinite Playlist [*]Peter Pan [*]The Polar Express [*]Rope [*]The Santa Clause 3 [*]Shrek Forever After (aka Shrek 4) [*]Source Code [*]Speed [*]Take Me Home Tonight [*]The Taking of Pelham 123 (remake, not sure about the original) [*]Training Day [*]Tron [*]Tron Legacy [*]Unstoppable

Technically, these count:

[*]Bill & Ted [*]Groundhog Day

And a couple I can't recall if they do or not:

[*]Hostage [*]Pulp Fiction

Edited by The Movieman

Source Code kind of did didn't it?

Right you are. I'm going to add these to the original post for a master list.Another one I though of: Unstoppable and I believe Taking of Pelham One Two Three (remake)Edit, more:Before SunsetDie Hard (all four?)Ferry Bueller's Day Off Edited by TheMovieman

Should that count because of all the flashbacks and stuff? I think it's just films where the entire narrative is just through one day.

Yeah, I think with the Saw movies, they jump back and forth in time and so don't really count (think of it this way, the films could be reassembled and put in order).

Shrek 4-get rid of the fact that there was the flashback at the start of the film, the entire movie was in a 24 hour period.Same thing with Santa Clause 3.(Both did It's a Wonderful Life. Except that one does not count since it was the story of George Baily.Ben Button-oh wait kidding ;)Oh how about Cat in the Hat?