TheMovieman

Movies that take place over a day/night.

Well, if I allow Groundhog Day, technically time travel movies should count. I think I'll start a separate section for those...BTW, what about Back to the Future 1 and 2? I know Part 3 was a few days but can't recall if the first two were within a day.

Edited by TheMovieman

Groundhog Day was a time loop, which is different from time travel.None of the Back to the Future Movies (or any time travel movie) can count because time travel itself means the story is covering more than 1 day in time. Your thread is simply geared towards films that take place within a continuous 24-hour period.

The Time Machine (Both versions) then, as they are like Bill and Ted.I was about to mention the 2nd Night at the Museum as most of it actually is one night (unlike the first) but the opening was a diffrent day.Manos the Hands of Fate-yep the worse film ever goes here!

More:Buried (At least I believe it would be in just one day.)Hobgoblins (Yep another bad one here. Excluding one flashback scene it belongs here deffiently)I don't remember-don't the Matrix sequels take place in just one day?Oh DH2-kind of, even though there is the ending.I had more I thought of, but I can't think right now...

Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf takes place in one night.And Magnolia, as someone mentioned, is all in one day.More:-Elephant-Phone Booth-World Trade Center-United 93-Mixed Nuts-Ferris Bueller's Day Off-Vantage PointI see you have the Narnia films listed. They don't count. They may take place in one day in our world, but in the Narnian world, they span the course of several days, and in the case of The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, technically several years, as we see at the end of the movie.

Edited by The Creator

^Ferris Buller is in the first post.There are some I keep on thinking of, but they are over a weekend and not a day. (IE Honey I Shrunk the Kids, The Burbs, ect.)Passion of the Christ-yes it has flashbacks and the ending is 3 days later.Wizard of Oz-in the same sense of the Narnia films here.

Groundhog Day was a time loop, which is different from time travel.None of the Back to the Future Movies (or any time travel movie) can count because time travel itself means the story is covering more than 1 day in time. Your thread is simply geared towards films that take place within a continuous 24-hour period.

Yeah, but I'll put the time travels in a separate section.

Oh yeah, Collateral! Can't believe I forgot that!Now I never saw these, but what about:Paranormal Activity (films)Blair WitchApollo 18Oh another one-Hocus Pocus (Yes the intro is in the 1600's but the entire movie takes place on Halloween night, man that was a terrible film)

Okay never saw them so it was just a guess, I was asking if people knew if they were or not though.I have quite a few I have mentioned that need to be added when the time comes though.I have thought of some more, but I will wait for now.