Fake

Indian Box Office Thread | Jawan overtakes Pathaan, becomes highest grossing Indian movie of 2023

Just saw RRR.

Vin Diesel should hire this director to direct F10. Most Hollywood studios should let these Indian filmmakers revive their franchises. Even though I'm not a big fan of these stories, I can feel more pure cinematic experience and enjoyment from them.

10 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

Just saw RRR.

Vin Diesel should hire this director to direct F10. Most Hollywood studios should let these Indian filmmakers revive their franchises. Even though I'm not a big fan of these stories, I can feel more pure cinematic experience and enjoyment from them.

RRR is better than what Marvel has done since Endgame, what DC has done since their inception.

Supreme Entertainment. We need SS Rajamouli to go mainstream.

Edited by THUNDER BIRD

1 hour ago, Gavin Feng said:

Just saw RRR.

Rajamouli is better than the fast franchise, they don't deserve him

4 minutes ago, Bruce said:

I remember Jurassic series is super Popular in India,but nowadays seems it lost its fanbase.

5Cr is not a good OD for me.

India is well, currently not going into theaters at all.

Corrently only event movies are getting footfalls, rest movies are faltering left right and centre, and not even flops, but disasters..... 6 months in and there are only few hit movies.

And in Hollywood's case, it's either Marvel or bust, even Batman was meh, only non Marvel movie to do good in India is Godzilla vs Kong and that was released in 2021.

48 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Corrently only event movies are getting footfalls, rest movies are faltering left right and centre, and not even flops, but disasters..... 6 months in and there are only few hit movies.

And in Hollywood's case, it's either Marvel or bust, even Batman was meh, only non Marvel movie to do good in India is Godzilla vs Kong and that was released in 2021.

I thought Vikram just did like >100 crore this past weekend? Quite a rare feat for Tamil-language movie.

Even 18+ Kashmir Files managed to do 340+ crore. 

5 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

I thought Vikram just did like >100 crore this past weekend? Quite a rare feat for Tamil-language movie.

Even 18+ Kashmir Files managed to do 340+ crore. 

I did say few hits..... Most of big South movies alao flopped.

Basically when talking about Hollywood, it's Marvel or bust.

28 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

I did say few hits..... Most of big South movies alao flopped.

Basically when talking about Hollywood, it's Marvel or bust.

That is just demonstrably untrue. Just in the south, there have been many hits this year. In Malayalam, Tamil, and Telugu. They made decent profits. You’re allowing a couple Bollywood flips to colour your view of the entire industry. 

And while highest grossers in Hollywood tend to be Marvel/Disney films, there are many films just this year that are proving that there’s an appetite for other types of films. The Lost City, Everything Everywhere All At Once, Dog, Top Gun: Maverick, etc., 

Edited by awkwardaardvark

11 hours ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

We literally had highest first quarter of the year :apocalypse:

image.png

Note: Numbers are bit off, but I assume they will be in all the years.

Just because Bollywood slate is bad doesn't mean box office isn't working. Hollywood even in 2019 was very Disney heavy.

Edited by charlie Jatinder

14 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

We literally had highest first quarter of the year :apocalypse:

image.png

Note: Numbers are bit off, but I assume they will be in all the years.

Just because Bollywood slate is bad doesn't mean box office isn't working. Hollywood even in 2019 was very Disney heavy.

You're right, Disney is the problem. 

Jurassic World: Dominion

THU - ₹4.5cr
FRI - ₹9.5cr

SAT - ₹13.5cr

Total - ₹27.5cr

Weekend seems like will be ₹42-43cr Approx.

These are trade numbers in India. Also proved my suspicion that Disney deflate their numbers in India based on data I have for this and DSitMoM.

• Like 1