Fake

Indian Box Office Thread | Jawan overtakes Pathaan, becomes highest grossing Indian movie of 2023

23 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

You know Bang Bang! is considered a solid hit when the director was handed the keys to YRF's spy universe despite BB not being from YRF. Also, BB made 180 crores in 2014 which isn't bad by any means. I don't think anyone expected it to surpass Kick that year, it was peak Salman in a mass-y action role lol.

That being said, BB is more re-watchable than War. Even War wasn't completely original as it rips-off from Bond, MI, FnF and War(2007) with Statham and Jet Li. It was just a two hero film done well in Bollywood after ages.

BB did 140 not 180.

Director was not handed the keys to YRF universe, it's just that the director is traditional YRF director and has directed YRF movies before.

YRF had different directors for each Spy Universe movie, this time it is only repeated because they had no other option as their main action director was and is busy elsewhere.

YRF has the worst directors. They had two decent ones Kabir Khan and Ali Abbas Zafar, both became independent now. Now YRF is stuck with lord Vijay Krishna Acharya, lord Sid Anand and lord Maneesh Sharma. MS tbf is good but has no experience for tentpoles, he has so far directed only smaller stuff.

Mr. India is semi-retired as director, no idea if he will direct next film ever.

19 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Bang Bang surely better than trash that was War.

War was dumb but it had epic face off and fight which indian audiences like.

Another thing js a lot of bollywood movies don't do well overseas as before.

A lot of punjabi audiences have turned off bollywood films I find compared to previous covid.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Torontofan said:

War was dumb but it had epic face off and fight which indian audiences like.

Another thing js a lot of bollywood movies don't do well overseas as before.

A lot of punjabi audiences have turned off bollywood films I find compared to previous covid.

South has taken over for now. Bollywood need innovative directors like Rajamoulli, Shankar , Mani Ratnam who will break the mold of typical masala and stereotypical romance story which has been done to death 1000s of times. 

47 minutes ago, Nero said:

South has taken over for now. Bollywood need innovative directors like Rajamoulli, Shankar , Mani Ratnam who will break the mold of typical masala and stereotypical romance story which has been done to death 1000s of times. 

You're saying as if Revolutionaries fighting against British or a poor young boy growing upto be a rich criminal powerhouse is something new.

RRR, Pushpa, KGF all are something which Bollywood has already done and left behind.

What bollywood needs are storytellers, who can tell a same old story you've seen 100 times before in a new way.

23 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

You're saying as if Revolutionaries fighting against British or a poor young boy growing upto be a rich criminal powerhouse is something new.

RRR, Pushpa, KGF all are something which Bollywood has already done and left behind.

What bollywood needs are storytellers, who can tell a same old story you've seen 100 times before in a new way.

Pushpa and KGF are same old story no doubt. That's why I didn't mention their directors. Rajamoulli has created a blockbuster type of movie with bromance (that kind of movie was last done by Sholay). Rajamoulli's last venture was Bahuballi which was different from typical movies. Epic fantasy action movie on a huge scale. Shankar is renowned for trying different things. Mani Ratnam you can see from the movie itself. South is producing great movies which buck the trend. Kaantara is another example. 

2nd week Weekdays seem to be holding quite well....2nd Week's Nett is going to be around 97-98Cr Nett (120Cr Gross). Where would this rank among all time 2nd Week grossers in India ? Baahubali2, KGF2, RRR, PK, Dangal, Kashmir Files, Bajrangi Bhaijaan are probably ahead...any other movies that are ahead of Avatar2 in 2nd week ? 

5 hours ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

BB did 140 not 180.

Director was not handed the keys to YRF universe, it's just that the director is traditional YRF director and has directed YRF movies before.

YRF had different directors for each Spy Universe movie, this time it is only repeated because they had no other option as their main action director was and is busy elsewhere.

Don't go by BOI number. They have always underreported Hrithik's movies. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Issue is these films had appealing characters and cool visuals and good songs. When Bollywood does this they do well like Bharamastra...but they rarely do now.

Like i when i watch such  south films to me this is ' indian culture'

Bollywood films seem so small scale these days or appeal to such niche audiences i feel in comparison. A lot of the movies i cant watch with family either.

Films like RRR and i my parents love and they are old north indians, not really the audience for south films. 

Edited by Torontofan

8 hours ago, Nero said:

Pushpa and KGF are same old story no doubt. That's why I didn't mention their directors. Rajamoulli has created a blockbuster type of movie with bromance (that kind of movie was last done by Sholay). Rajamoulli's last venture was Bahuballi which was different from typical movies. Epic fantasy action movie on a huge scale. Shankar is renowned for trying different things. Mani Ratnam you can see from the movie itself. South is producing great movies which buck the trend. Kaantara is another example. 

I think Bahubali was typical hamlet story we seen in india so many times but it combined hindu mythological elements like Ramayan and Mahabharta with never before seen epic scale.

The scheming uncle was so much like Shokini from Mahabharat lol

This scene seems like a parallel to Ramayan when ram gets exiled. 

Stuff like this really connected with audiences across india north to south unlike anything I can recall as these are universial indian themes and stories. 

There were so many goosebumps scenes in Baahubali series. My favorite one was when Sivagami announces baby Mahendra Baahubali as the new king in Baahubali2...background music takes that scene to whole new level. I remember watching the movie on first day in a SingleScreen in India and it was absolutely crazy in the theater during that scene...one of the my top3 theatrical experiences.

Edited by upriser7
  • Astonished 1

18 minutes ago, Torontofan said:

I think Bahubali was typical hamlet story we seen in india so many times but it combined hindu mythological elements like Ramayan and Mahabharta with never before seen epic scale.

The scheming uncle was so much like Shokini from Mahabharat lol

This scene seems like a parallel to Ramayan when ram gets exiled. 

Stuff like this really connected with audiences across india north to south unlike anything I can recall as these are universial indian themes and stories. 

Kailash Ker's voice suits perfectly to this song

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Torontofan said:

Issue is these films had appealing characters and cool visuals and good songs. When Bollywood does this they do well like Bharamastra...but they rarely do now.

Like i when i watch such  south films to me this is ' indian culture'

Bollywood films seem so small scale these days or appeal to such niche audiences i feel in comparison. A lot of the movies i cant watch with family either.

Films like RRR and i my parents love and they are old north indians, not really the audience for south films. 

Brahmastra wasn't well done though. And you can confirm with Charlie here that it was an Average performer outside Big Cities.