Fake

Indian Box Office Thread | Jawan overtakes Pathaan, becomes highest grossing Indian movie of 2023

1 hour ago, GOGODanca said:

is monday after christmas sunday a holiday in india? 

on cinetrack as of 10PM it shows gross of 14.24 cr which seems pretty good hold 

No it's not a holiday, but December end is time for winterbreaks of school, so holidays for school children and it'll go till January first week.

BoxofficIndia just gave Monday update..they have 2nd Monday to be actually slightly higher than 2nd Friday. 2nd Friday was around 15Cr whereas 2nd Monday is projected to be around 15-16.5Cr. Excellent hold. Cirkus, the new Bollywood release this week looks like a huge disaster...so no significant competition for Avatar until Jan 11th in South India and until Jan 26th in North India

https://boxofficeindia.com/report-details.php?articleid=7438

Edited by upriser7

50 minutes ago, Bruce said:

we need to found if there’s any holiday in India,if this drop is based on no hoilday,then we can say this is really leggy run

December 26th isn't a public holiday in India but this is also start of holiday period. Usually Winter holidays for schools start from Christmas or NewYear and go on until Jan first week or Jan 2nd week. In some states winter holidays are from Dec 25th to Jan 7th and in some states they might start on Jan 1st and go on until Jan 15th. So there will be some boost due to these Winter holiday period

Edited by upriser7
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Bruce said:

we need to found if there’s any holiday in India,if this drop is based on no hoilday,then we can say this is really leggy run

There are no Holidays in India of any kind. Children are on Winter Break and Our Chief Judges of Supreme Court have taken Winter Break too but other than them, all are working....

Anyway, The hold is nice because of Premium Prices...Ok, Saying just Premium Prices is wrong. Those seats were always there but they rarely got sold out.

I live in 2nd Tier City. The Theatre I go has all the Premium Seats SOLD OUT for tomorrow for it's IMAX 3D/MX3D - it's not even a Holiday and yet...

BMS-MX3D.png

₹460-₹500 (6$) tickets are not really that common in 2nd Weekend in a 2nd Tier City, Also - Even if they are sold for all other movies too, no one really buys them. I have watched most of my movies in that theatre so I know.

But, They are sold Out for Avatar 2... 

Edited by Shanks
  • Like 4

India 2nd Monday gross comparison among A2, NWH, EG and also drop % from 2nd Sunday in brackets -

Avatar2 (Christmas release) : 16 Cr ( -48% )

EndGame (Summer release) : 9.75 Cr ( -63%)

NWH (Christmas release) : 5.65 Cr ( -55%)

If I remember correctly, NWH had capacity restrictions in few states due to covid concerns

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, upriser7 said:

For comparison, NWH last year collected around 5.6Cr gross on it's 2nd Monday. Avatar2's 2nd Monday is gonna be almost close to triple of that around 16Cr

I think comparison with NWH isn't an exact since it was released during COVID times. there were restrictions 

8 hours ago, upriser7 said:

BoxofficIndia just gave Monday update..they have 2nd Monday to be actually slightly higher than 2nd Friday. 2nd Friday was around 15Cr whereas 2nd Monday is projected to be around 15-16.5Cr. Excellent hold. Cirkus, the new Bollywood release this week looks like a huge disaster...so no significant competition for Avatar until Jan 11th in South India and until Jan 26th in North India

https://boxofficeindia.com/report-details.php?articleid=7438

I would rather not take boi early estimates that seriously

They also gave 13-14 nett estimates and actuals came 12. So wait for the actuals. 

2 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

They also gave 13-14 nett estimates and actuals came 12. So wait for the actuals. 

Yeah..boi is a crap site. They always have agenda. Clearly, they are overexcited about avatar, hence posting high numbers.

20 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

may I present you with something

https://cinetrak.co.in/flash.html?state=India&day=20221226

drop is higher in North at 60%. South held better especially Kerala which has large Christian population, only 24% drop being boxing day.

Edited by charlie Jatinder

25 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Top 2nd MON - India

1. Baahubali 2 - ₹42.8cr
  2. RRR - ₹22.1cr
  3. Tiger Zinda Hai - ₹21.2cr (Jan 1st)
  4. KGF 2 - ₹19.7cr
  5. Dangal - ₹17.4cr
  6. Avatar: The Way of Water ~ ₹15.5cr (Boxing day)

Looks like ₹12-12.5cr GROSS today.

So -20% each day in week

Man Tiger Zinda Hai was a beast box office wise. I watched the first one on Prime Video last month and it still holds up! Everything from action, comedy, songs to locations were top notch. Hoping the third one is as good!

I hope YRF doesn't ruin the only good thing they have. Never would have thought Bang Bang! from 2014 would define the next decade of Bollywood blockbusters while watching it. It was a fun remake of Knight and Day with some banger songs. HR was like Pierce Brosnan and Tom Cruise altogether lol. Pathan doesn't look nowhere near as good despite having the same director and style.

• Like 2