Fake

Indian Box Office Thread | Jawan overtakes Pathaan, becomes highest grossing Indian movie of 2023

9 hours ago, Danhjpn said:

How much is the chance for 500cr finish? 

I think it would be extremely tough...maybe like 10-15% chance. This upcoming Friday is the start of Pongal festival period in South India which is usually the biggest week for movies in 3 main South Indian states (which have been driving almost 30-35% of Avatar2 Indian revenue) and local movies of big stars will be releasing now. So Avatar2 will be losing most of its screens in South India

54 minutes ago, Bruce said:

Maybe I don’t know much about India movie(I only watched a few of Amir Khan’s),Is Bahubali have 3? If so,then will be new India box office king 

Sadly no...Baahubali series had a proper conclusion with Baahubali2 and there have been no plans of Baahubali3. If Baahubali3 was being made, it would shatter all the opening records for sure. Also the director of movie is busy with new projects...he had another release last year - RRR which ended up being 3rd highest grosser in India and if I remember correctly, it was also nominated to GoldenGlobes in best Foreign Language movie category.. He is working on another new fantasy adventure movie which might take 2-3 more years to come out.

Edited by upriser7

8 hours ago, upriser7 said:

Sadly no...Baahubali series had a proper conclusion with Baahubali2 and there have been no plans of Baahubali3. If Baahubali3 was being made, it would shatter all the opening records for sure. Also the director of movie is busy with new projects...he had another release last year - RRR which ended up being 3rd highest grosser in India and if I remember correctly, it was also nominated to GoldenGlobes in best Foreign Language movie category.. He is working on another new fantasy adventure movie which might take 2-3 more years to come out.

Don't forget that RRR won best original song at the globes too 💪💪

ram-charan-rrr-movie.gif%20

• Heart 1

15 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

Can Pathan at least make 300 crores? Man the Tiger movies were a beast box office wise!

Pathan will have very good opening.

Lifetime depends on it's talk.

In this post pandemic Hindi films struggling lot with bad content and Boycott Bollywood thing.

2 hours ago, JustLurking said:

Can someone explain what's this boycott bollywood thing going on? First I hear of it and I'm curious to get some context.

Right Wing (Republicans) hate Bollywood (Hollywood).

In US they can't do anything about that, in India Bollywood often is on receiving end of these groups. Calling for Boycott of films, because of nitpicked made up reasons is new trend.

• ...wtf 1

42 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Right Wing (Republicans) hate Bollywood (Hollywood).

In US they can't do anything about that, in India Bollywood often is on receiving end of these groups. Calling for Boycott of films, because of nitpicked made up reasons is new trend.

wtf. sounds like the pettiest shit ever. why do republicans hate bollywood to begin with?

Edited by JustLurking

6 hours ago, JustLurking said:

wtf. sounds like the pettiest shit ever. why do republicans hate bollywood to begin with?

Because Bollywood is amalgamation of different cultures and from decades has been an example of cultural unity.

So what better way for a right wing party than to malign this example and spread toxicity.

• Like 1

One thing I'm noticing about Naatu Naatu compared to Jai Ho is that Indians seem to be having a genuine sense of ownership with this one. With Jai Ho, everyone was happy for AR Rahman but the song is still not considered Indian by most people. It will barely even come up in conversation of Rahman's work.

Here, it's an out and out Indian song for a movie directed by a guy who is the embodiment of Indian filmmaking.

6 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Because Bollywood is amalgamation of different cultures and from decades has been an example of cultural unity.

So what better way for a right wing party than to malign this example and spread toxicity.

Bollywood is a soft target as well. It's crazy how every movie has the boycott thing now, and the nepotism nonsense as well.

I don't watch ton of Bollywood movies and even I find the whole BoycottBollywood thing really pathetic, especially off late they are becoming very desperate.. These idiots are just making an issue out of things that aren't even offensive...the recent Deepika's saffron bikini issue was one of the worst. Some of these idiots just want attention and some just seem to blindly hate anything related to Bollywood. 

Edited by upriser7
  • Like 1