Shawn Robbins

Wednesday #s: CLOSED CIRCUIT Bombs (surprise, surprise)

Paramount reports that WORLD WAR Z and STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS will expand back into 1,247 and 958 theaters,...

https://twitter.com/BoxOffice/status/373154868850356224

Come on Paramount. Prioritize STID!

I love the MLK weekend because of stuff like this :lol:

I bet Man of Steel, Despicable Me 2 and maybe Pacific Rim will also get expanded.

I love the MLK weekend because of stuff like this :lol:

I bet Man of Steel, Despicable Me 2 and maybe Pacific Rim will also get expanded.

I think MOS and DM ll's expansions were announced a few days ago. WB should expand PR too. Are the expansions bigger this year? Is it because the August releases are weak in general?

Disney should of expanded TLR just to have it make 90M :P (If they kept it here it would make 100M given how popular it actually is out here :lol:)

Anyway-this is the first day in a while where no film made 2M.

TLR and PR are in the dollar theaters tomorrow.

It would not surprise me if Ultimate Life is in the top 10 next week-some advertising, 400 theaters plus the fact that there will not be a lot of high grossing films next weekend.

That one has its own page on BOM. Right now STID and WWZ are being kept separately in the theater counts chart (and the latter has 300 more theaters), which makes me assume they'll be counted separately in the weekend numbers chart, too. It could change, though, or I could be assuming wrong already.

• Like 1

That one has its own page on BOM. Right now STID and WWZ are being kept separately in the theater counts chart (and the latter has 300 more theaters), which makes me assume they'll be counted separately in the weekend numbers chart, too. It could change, though, or I could be assuming wrong already.

TS1 and TS2 were as 2 different films on BOM also, it is pretty tricky IMO.