Shawn Robbins

Wednesday #s: CLOSED CIRCUIT Bombs (surprise, surprise)

Impact, this time it won't be like that. WWZ and Star Trek don't even have the same number of theaters.

I do remember TS1 and TS2 had a really odd showtimes-I saw TS2 first due to how they had it :lol:

So apparently Youre Next actually cost $500,000.The star, Sharni Vinson just said "Youre Next made 14 times it's budget opening weekend and 6 times it's budget opening day".So on Wednesday, it covered its budget. Not alot of films achieve that I suppose.

• Like 2

I only heard of Closed Circuit when I saw a trailer for it at 2 Guns which wasn't all that long ago. I've seen ads but the BBC mention is apt. Plus, a movie starring Eric Bana and Rebecca Hall? Might as well have called it Fetch.

Edited by BoxOfficeChica

What if CC is not even in the top 20 this weekend??? :P

(Well lets see, with some films going wide again, heck even the dollar theater runs of PR, TLR, MOS, ect could do it...maybe or I'm just probably trying to find a way so it can open really low :lol:)

And yes films are usually playing for 2 weeks, though indies are different.

Now what if there was a movie that did so bad that it had a better dollar theater run??

(Now sometimes they are not tracked, like how this film the Straight Story was playing 6 months after it was being tracked! Even more odd is that it might of played longer had that theater not closed)