A Marvel Fanboy

Why Rachel McAdams Didnt Become Another Meg Ryan

So that's the answer.  :)

Well it's my opinion. I don't know if it's the answer. It is also my opinion that she doesn't exude the level of charisma on screen that any of the women you named above.  I keep going back to that movie where she had a lot of screen time with Russell Crowe. She seemed way out of her league to me.

• Like 1

Huh? Rachel Mcadams is a big star, and very popular. And, with less roles, her combined BO total is already higher than Meg Ryan's.

Let's be fair here.  Ryan's zenith was 20 years ago.  To say that McAdams has bigger box office than her is like saying Bill Paxton has bigger box office than Denzel Washington.  McAdams biggest hits are ones that she was in that had nothing to do with her.  Sherlock Holmes and Wedding Crashers would have been big without her.  She didn't help sell the films.  Ryan's biggest films, Sleepless in Seattle and You've Got Mail and When Harry Met Sally are pretty much because of her and her co-star.  If you want to use big films like Wedding Crashers then Ryan was also in Top Gun.

Ryan's career is done but for about 10 years she was Julia Roberts.

• Like 5

She really could be huge if she wanted. She's not just talented but so likable. Whenever I catch a movie of her's I wonder why she isn't bigger but I I suppose she's as big as she wants to be. There are actors and movie stars and Rachel has never seemed to want to be the latter.

Edited by glassfairy