A Marvel Fanboy

Why Rachel McAdams Didnt Become Another Meg Ryan

Meg Ryan had quite a number of great romantic comedies. And those movies were all hit back in the days. Meg Ryan was undoutably an A-lister and one of the most bankable actresses in the 1990s. She was a big star.

Rachel McAdams also starred in several solid to great rom-coms. But she never seems to be seen as a big star. I always wonder why her career didnt/hasnt reached the hight of Meg's.

Or just because ROM-COMs are not as popular as they were ?

Rachel McAdams is proving herself to be a very versatile actress and that's not a bad thing. If she gets some awards recognition in the next few years she may very well end up with a better career than Meg Ryan.

Rachel is already 35. Maybe she can still do romantic movies or comedies for another few years but not for long. And many think she is still not even an A-lister.

Rachel is already 35. Maybe she can still do romantic movies or comedies for another few years but not for long. And many think she is still not even an A-lister.

Not every actors wants to be on the A-list, some even like it better when they’re not famous. 

That is the thing. Sure, not every actor wants to be. But Rachel should have been.

Maybe she doesn't want to be a big star.

She's not even living in Los Angeles, like a lot of people who want to make it big would. 

Edited by Boxofficefanatic

Meg Ryan had quite a number of great romantic comedies. And those movies were all hit back in the days. Meg Ryan was undoutably an A-lister and one of the most bankable actresses in the 1990s. She was a big star.

Rachel McAdams also starred in several solid to great rom-coms. But she never seems to be seen as a big star. I always wonder why her career didnt/hasnt reached the hight of Meg's.

Or just because ROM-COMs are not as popular as they were ?

Huh? She was just in a 100m dollar movie that she did star in last year with Channing Tatum.  She's done a film with Woody Allen (Midnight in Paris) Terrance Malick (To The Wonder) and a film with Brian De Palma. She's currently filming a John le Cerre adaptation with Phillip Seymour Hoffman and Robin Wright. I think she's doing just fine. She's an actress who seems to choose roles interesting to her.  I don't think she's trying to be movie star.

• Like 3

Huh? She was just in a 100m dollar movie that she did star in last year with Channing Tatum.  She's done a film with Woody Allen (Midnight in Paris) Terrance Malick (To The Wonder) and a film with Brian De Palma. She's currently filming a John le Cerre adaptation with Phillip Seymour Hoffman and Robin Wright. I think she's doing just fine. She's an actress who seems to choose roles interesting to her.  I don't think she's trying to be movie star.

didnt say she is not doing fine. (She certainly is). Just wonder why she didnt become a bigger one.

When we talk about current biggest actresses, it always comes to Jolie, Aniston, Diaz, Witherspoon, etc, but never Mcadams.

didnt say she is not doing fine. (She certainly is). Just wonder why she didnt become a bigger one.

When we talk about current biggest actresses, it always comes to Jolie, Aniston, Diaz, Witherspoon, etc, but never Mcadams.

She hasn't carried a high profile film where marketing blitz for her was in full effect.  A lot of their fame is due to high profile roles and media's fascination with their personal lives.