AdamKendall

Weekend #s Insidious 2 41.5M, Family 14.5 Riddick 7.0 Butler 5.5

Now as I had in my biggest openers not to reach 100M thread-amazing how frontloaded Dracula (1992) was.

I remember that well. Was so happy it had such a huge OW, and then a bit frustrated it never hit 100m. Although in retrospect, the total is a fine number for what it was -- it was just an early indicator of frontloading to come.

• Like 1

Based off Friday’s numbers, almost 70%. Might not even make it to 40 million domestically.  

That's just for Friday's number though.  It'll go up by about 50% on Saturday.  It'll probably finish with about 8 mill for the weekend.  It'll be around a 60% drop.

Well The Butler will be overestimated again, it is odd how it always is. (Still it would of done better if not so political motivated but I'm tired of that :lol:)

Planes keeps on moving, but it is the only kids film playing. 

Buddy what are you saying?  How could the Butler have done better?  It's going to pass 100 mill this weekend and drop about 35% this weekend.  It'll finish with north of 120 mill.  So how could it have done better?

• Like 1

Buddy what are you saying?  How could the Butler have done better?  It's going to pass 100 mill this weekend and drop about 35% this weekend.  It'll finish with north of 120 mill.  So how could it have done better?

Just its very political if it was for both sides it do even better but I rather not get into some convo like that.

• Like 1

Just its very political if it was for both sides it do even better but I rather not get into some convo like that.

Sorry, but No...just no.  It is doing very well.  You seem to have a problem with it because Jane Fonda's in it or something.  Have you seen the drops it's been having?  How much better do you think it should be doing?

• Like 3

Sorry, but No...just no.  It is doing very well.  You seem to have a problem with it because Jane Fonda's in it or something.  Have you seen the drops it's been having?  How much better do you think it should be doing?

Dude sorry there is more to it then that, I don't want to get into this convo is all.

Dude sorry there is more to it then that, I don't want to get into this convo is all.

Well, that's fine, because (and I am not saying this in a mean way, just matter of factly) I really don't want to hear why you have a problem with its politics.  :)

I don't want to see a CONJURING 2.. For once, I'd like a good horror movie to remain a standalone, JUST ONCE

But why?  Hollywood is there to make money.  If Marvel films were all stand alones, then Avengers never would have been made.

But why?  Hollywood is there to make money.  If Marvel films were all stand alones, then Avengers never would have been made.

In 2011 I was going "I know there will be an Insidious 2" fanboys were mad when I said that :P

One political aspect of The Butler I can understand people getting pissed off over is the Obama related stuff near the end, but it makes sense imo because thats how people were feeling back in 2008. Nobody knew what kind of a president, good or bad, he would end up being, but there was just a huge optimism among people regarding his election. Makes sense to portray it in a positive way imo

• Like 1