Short Term 12 (2013)

16 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Pretty fantastic movie. I had a single tear fall down my face. The script is fucking perfect and the acting by Brie Larson & John Gallagher jr. just suck you in. Overall this is the 3rd highest reviewed movie of the year from me. A- (92)

I'm glad someone else has finally seen this brilliant film!
  • Like 2

Simply incredible. Movies that provide meaningful looks into real life can be more rewarding and powerful than even the showiest of films, and this is a perfect example. It's a story about helping others deal with wounds, both figurative and physical, as well as dealing with your own wounds. Brie Larson deserves every award she can get, but the rest of the ensemble cast, especially the young actors, is a revelation. They express their pain in real, cathartic manners without going the manipulative or sappy route. One scene at the end does come close to entering this territory, but the film knows it, and it soon leads to one of the best scenes of the year. 

You can be damn sure this is showing up on my BOF awards ballot.

• Like 4

Simply incredible. Movies that provide meaningful looks into real life can be more rewarding and powerful than even the showiest of films, and this is a perfect example. It's a story about helping others deal with wounds, both figurative and physical, as well as dealing with your own wounds. Brie Larson deserves every award she can get, but the rest of the ensemble cast, especially the young actors, is a revelation. They express their pain in real, cathartic manners without going the manipulative or sappy route. One scene at the end does come close to entering this territory, but the film knows it, and it soon leads to one of the best scenes of the year. You can be damn sure this is showing up on my BOF awards ballot.

It's about fucking time!!
  • Like 3

Brie Larson was brilliant. She should have received more awards recognition for this. Shame.

I definitely have to make space for Short Term 12 in quite a few categories in my BOF Awards ballot.

• Like 1

too bad Best actress is very tough category

Id nominate Brie but cant throw any other acteress out

I'd give Brie the award, no question. 

(Delpy, Blanchett, Bullock and Gerwig would round out the five, though.) 

Edited by Gopher
  • Like 2