ExcelFTW

Any REAL doubts that SUPERMAN vs. BATMAN will crush every record in existence?

But don't forget about Dat Walmart Factor. That'll help a lot too  ;)  :P

This time Walmart, Bestbuy, Home Depot, Kroger and CostCo will buy 10M tickets worth each. 50M already in the cash machine.

Then Sears, Target and Staples buy 5M tickets each.

So 65M midnight tickets. The only record it will crush is the amount of upfront tickets sold to distribution corporations whether those companies actually sold it to actual customers or not. :P

• Like 2

When TDKR was about to be released, the marketing was great.

When MoS was about the be released, the marketing was amazing!

So now everyone expects B/S to have an "ok' marketing!? lol

Tell that to Goffe  :P

I think it'll open big. I'd say 160-180. 

This time Walmart, Bestbuy, Home Depot, Kroger and CostCo will buy 10M tickets worth each. 50M already in the cash machine.

So 65M midnight tickets. The only record it will crush is the amount of upfront tickets sold to distribution corporations whether those companies actually sold it to actual customers or not. :P

Now now, don't be mean  :P

In all seriousness, I think B/S has a very good chance at breaking the July OW record. The second weekend record, I just don't see any future releases have a chance at breaking besides AoU and any Avatar movies.

This will definitely open big. The marketing on this would have to be catastrophically bad in order for it to be as low as 120M. Even though MoS was recieved as meh, there are still going to be most that liked it, and with two years until MoS2 comes out more people will have seen it. Then you have the excitement (positive or negative) over Batman being played by Affleck, not to mention a lot of people loved TDK films and shows that people love the Bat. True, it's not the same actor and so forth, but people will still line up OW too see how this thing plays out, whether it sucks or not.

I predict this hitting 160M OW. Now. The real problem or questions lies in total DOM. Even if the movie is good, people could still not be happy with Affleck and spread bad WOM. Or, you could have the usual fanboy reaction (they loath whoever is playing their icon fictional character for years while the movie is made, only to then love the actor after seeing the movie and claiming it was the best choice along and they 'knew' it). Worst case scenario, this makes 160M OW and a total of (because of bad WOM) 350M DOM. Best case scenario, this opens to 160M OW and with great WOM finishes with a total of 480M.

Funny thing about MOS is before its release the film was "OMG NOLAN is attached"

Since MOS released Nolan is never brought up anymore...

I wonder why ? 

lol 

Dat 56% RT Effect!  :P

• Like 3

:rofl:  :rofl:

Yes based on how MOS opened it will be quite front loaded but even so the numbers should be massive.

TA2 will be front loaded but it benefits from having 2-3 weeks to itself so its going to have a decent Multiplier no worse then IM3 I imagine and that is fine considering the massive opening weekend it will have.

I think the major advantage TA2 has is family audiences, we saw this with TA2 and with IM3, the Marvel brand has successfully become insanely popular with the Disney age crowd. 

• Like 2

are you kidding me? Let's be serious for a momment

I said amazing marketing = 150-170m,Ok marketing = 120-135m. If somehow the marketing really suck, a sub 100m opening would be very probably

I am serious. If MoS2 (or Batman vs Superman, whatever it's being called) opens to the SAME OW as MoS did, that would be a huge dissapointment, big blow to DC. Having those two should have the floor at 160, the ceiling being as high as 185M (this would be huge huge huge amazing trailers). Ok marketing would be like 140M-160M. MoS2 only hitting what MoS (with only superman by himself) would be like Star Trek 2 all over again. Sure, it would still make a lot of money, but you couldn't deny that it was a disspointment in terms of box office numbers.

• Like 1

I am serious. If MoS2 (or Batman vs Superman, whatever it's being called) opens to the SAME OW as MoS did, that would be a huge dissapointment, big blow to DC. Having those two should have the floor at 160, the ceiling being as high as 185M (this would be huge huge huge amazing trailers). Ok marketing would be like 140M-160M. MoS2 only hitting what MoS (with only superman by himself) would be like Star Trek 2 all over again. Sure, it would still make a lot of money, but you couldn't deny that it was a disspointment in terms of box office numbers.

any number above 100m is huge and no movie with catastrophic marketing ever made the list. STiD had all advantages in the world and yet failed to outrgross the predecessor, MOS2 could follow the same track.My point is, boxoffice disappointment ≠ catastrophic marketing

230-250M OW with around 650M Domestic Finish.. It will be HUGE and run well into the summer, probably longer then the 1st one did..

But BKB, 650M total off of 230M OW will not give it better legs than TA.
  • Like 4

It's true.. TA2 is destined to gross not only more than TA, but will have better legs..

That's impossible.  Find me a record grossing film that had a sequel with better legs and or a better opening for its sequel.  Just one.