ExcelFTW

Any REAL doubts that SUPERMAN vs. BATMAN will crush every record in existence?

Domestic it could be somewhat of a battle.

Overseas TA2 is set to blow past a billion dollars overseas.

Sounds nuts but hey IM3 made 800 million Overseas.

Agreed. TA2 will be the first non-Cameron movie reaching that milestone. I have few doubts about it. In fact, I see it doing 1.2-1.3 billion OS.

However, that does not imply that MoS 2 / BvS / SvB / whatever title, can not get absurd numbers. This is the first time we will see the two most iconical SH sharing screen. You can like Snyder / Goyer / Affleck / Cavill team more or less, but it is undoubtable that the anticipation of this can be on pair to Avengers or very close. We do not know nothing about movie quality and many presume that it will be an epic fail, but the truth is the movie has still to be done. TA OW could be reachable with a good marketing like MoS has had. But to reach 623 million is much more difficult...

An extremely early prediction would be of about 180 OW and 450 DOM, following the same pattern of MoS (x2.5 multiplier). If the movie is good, the sky is the limit.

Said this, it has zero chance of reaching Avengers numbers OS.

Edited by peludo

Look I think MOS did well with the base but I don't think it broke out to the general audiences as expected.

Even so the added character of Batman will cause it to be a big hit.

However TA 2 is likely going to get far more interest from all audiences. 

I think we all remember this that the DC comic films garner far more internet buzz then marvel films ever possibly can. 

Wasn't he the one predicting MOS to get 450M-500M Dom and some crazy WW numbers as well?

I noticed A LOT of people over-predicting MOS to absurd numbers WW (not on here, but on other online sites, this was before I came here). People were easily predicting 1B for MOS WW way back in January and even far back last December.

I noticed A LOT of people over-predicting MOS to absurd numbers WW (not on here, but on other online sites, this was before I came here). People were easily predicting 1B for MOS WW way back in January and even far back last December.

Is SHH one of those sites? Cause the fanboys on there over predicted almost everything :lol: Especially after TA, predictions for every superhero movies, regardless it being MCU, Fox-Marvel, Sony-Marvel or DC; got marked up.
  • Like 1

Is SHH one of those sites? Cause the fanboys on there over predicted almost everything :lol: Especially after TA, predictions for every superhero movies, regardless it being MCU, Fox-Marvel, Sony-Marvel or DC; got marked up.

To be honest, I don't remember what the sites were called since it was awhile ago. It very well could have been. That was back when I first got interested in box office and seeing how well movies did. I wish I had saved those sites, because some of the predictions were funny to read.

Too Soon to see what happens....

Everyone is expecting 2015 to be all about TA2. 

3D is dying and inflation isn't increasing as it has for the past 10 years.

I'd say TA2 has a good chance of opening less than TA(200M - 210M).

If it does open "big"(215M - 225M), it will be the most frontloaded movie ever.

It's not making 623M domestically.

WW should hit 1.5B+ again.

We have to take into consideration that it took Marvel Studios 6 films for The Avengers to hit 1.5B WW.

MoS made 660M WW(more than any solo Marvel Studio film except for IM3),

TDK and TDKR both made 1B+(in 2D).

The potential for for B/S is very high. But TA2 has the sequel advantage.

Lol at least the Iron Man 3 predictions played out well domestically, most saw over 400 million and it did that and it beat all expectations overseas and WW. 

As supposed to...?

MoS wasn't predicted to hit 100M OW...

MoS wasn't predicted to hit 1B WW...

AoU opening under 200M or under TA would be the dream of a lot of people, wouldn't it? :lol:

So you're saying its not possible? Wouldn't be the first sequel to open under its predecessor. 207M OW is no easy feat.