chasmmi

Box Office League Main Thread - Week 11 results available, week 12 questions posted!

Wow. I really expected to go out. Well done Baumer though for the rest of the competition. Even if I do lose in the final, it has been a fantastic game and I congratulate you on this chasmmi. I'll be the first to sign up for the next season A great game and my favourite on this website

• Like 1

Congrats Frozen.  Nice job.  I really messed up this week because I didn't have time to get the answers in correctly.  Be that as it may, I don't know if I would have beaten you anyway.  

Great game Chas, and I'll be singing up for the next one as well.

• Like 2

Oh and the final questions:

Final Questions are here! (All 10 of them)

1) Predict Wolf on Wall Street's 3 day gross

2) Predict 47 Ronin's 3 day gross

3) Predict the difference between American Hustle and Walter Mitty's Friday gross

4) Predict the difference between Hobbit's Wednesday (xmas day) and its Sunday Gross

5) Predict the top 5's combined Saturday Gross

6) Predict Grudge Matches Sunday percentage drop

7) Predict how far away Anchorman will be from 110M

8) Predict how far away Frozen will be from 250M

9) Predict Saving Mr Bank's Weekend percentage change

10) Predict Catching Fire's combined Friday and Saturday Gross

Tiebreaker (if needed): What will be the total for all movies combined on BOM's actual chart for the 3 day

The deadline is Friday 10pm GMT (Which is 5pm Eastern, and 7am [sat] Tokyo/Seoul Time I believe) 

Please send all predictions by PM and please send any changes of mind in a new separate PM. Do not Edit old messages

Sorry its a bitr short notice this time around

• Like 1

THE FINAL IS HERE!

........Films v Goffe.........

Q1:  64.93 (0)  vs  (1) 76.91

Slow start for both in this eagerly anticipated final but Goffe gets first blood and takes a tentative 1-0 lead.

Q2:  93.24 (3)  vs  (0) 70.72

But Films bites back hard with our first big score and surges into the lead 3-1

Q3:  20.60 (0)  vs  (2) 86.18

Disaster score for Films, he lets his lead slip and its all tied at 3-3

Q4:  58.96 (1)  vs  (0) 00.00

This time it is Goffe's turn to have the disaster and Films is back in the lead at 4-3 ahead

Q5:  77.50 (0)  vs  (2) 81.74

A close question but Films falls just on the wrong side of 80% and Goffe on the right side allowing him to take the lead at the halfway point. It's 5-4 to Goffe.

Q6:  81.43 (2)  vs  (0) 70.36

This is looking like it will go down to the wire. Like two Heavyweight champions dealing blow after blow, yet again the lead changes hands and its Films with the advantage at 6-5 

Q7: 96.83 (4)  vs  (1) 80.54

Is that the question that wins the league? Our first 4 point score of the final and even though Goffe manages to salvage a point its looking grim for him now as with just 3 questions remaining Films leads 10-6.

Q8: 31.03 (0) vs  (1) 53.13

Goffe pulls a point back and closes the gap to 10-7 but he's going to need more than single point victories to catch up.

Q9: 74.55 (0)  vs  (1) 75.00

By the narrowest of margins Goffe wins the question and another point is cut out of the deficit. It's 10-8 to Films with 1 question to go! It's going down to the wire.

Q10:  The final question of the season and the situation is simple. Regardless of the other's score,iIf Films scores 95%, he wins the league. If Goffe scores below 80% Films wins the league. Goffe must win by 2 clear points which means he must first and foremost win the question, but he must also put one bonus point milestone between him and Films in the process.

For question 10, Films scored:

92.03%

It's a great score and means that Goffe cannot win the league off this question, he can only force a tiebreaker. SO the math is simple. A score under 95% for Goffe and the league crown goes to Films, a score over 95% and its a tiebreak...

Goffe scored:

9?.??

9?.88

It was so close! Goffe wins the question but misses the vital score he needed by 2.12%  

Congratulations Films, you are the Champion!

Well Done

Edited by chasmmi
  • Like 1