baumer

Scooby Doo (2002)

10 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

I really really really was dissapointed with this. :(

Big fan of scooby doo, watched it as a kid. One of my fav shows. I just didn't like the storyline. I felt like it was really dumb. The actors was one of the bright spots, I liked who they picked to play all the main characters. But the script and story just was bad. Overall, I give it a C, 5/10.

I am a huge fan of Scooby Doo. I might be the residential expert on Scooby Doo on these boards (I’ve watched the different shows countless times, watched the movies, and even read the comics). I find that Scooby Doo at times can be clever and even spooky despite the silliness.

That being said, I was not a fan of this movie, fart jokes and bad CGI are not my idea of a good movie. This film tries to be a parody of the show, yet it felt so much like a big fu to the fans. Scrappy being the villain was definitely the biggest slap in the face, that and the fact that he was pretty much out of character (Scrappy was never that rude on the show, in fact he was a good guy at heart).

I used to like this film when I was younger, but as I grew older I realized how screwed up the film truly is.

3 / 10

Fun fact: Did you know that there was never a culprit in a Scooby doo episode called Mr. Jenkins. There was a man named Mr. Jenkins who was the owner of funland in Foul Play in funland, but he wasn’t the actual culprit of the episode, just the guy who invented Charlie the Robot.

Another fun fact: Scrappy Doo actually become more of a helpful character in the New Scooby Doo and Scrappy Doo show, and The New Scooby Doo Mysteries. In fact he was essentially the “Fred” of those shows (since Fred wasn’t a regular member of the team at the time).

Edited by Boxofficefanatic
  • Like 1

I am a huge fan of Scooby Doo. I might be the residential expert on Scooby Doo on these boards (I’ve watched the different shows countless times, watched the movies, and even read the comics). I find that Scooby Doo at times can be clever and even spooky despite the silliness.

That being said, I was not a fan of this movie, fart jokes and bad CGI are not my idea of a good movie. This film tries to be a parody of the show, yet it felt so much like a big fu to the fans. Scrappy being the villain was definitely the biggest slap in the face, that and the fact that he was pretty much out of character (Scrappy was never that rude on the show, in fact he was a good guy at heart).

I used to like this film when I was younger, but as I grew older I realized how screwed up the film truly is.

3 / 10

Fun fact: Did you know that there was never a culprit in a Scooby doo episode called Mr. Jenkins. There was a man named Mr. Jenkins who was the owner of funland in Foul Play in funland, but he wasn’t the actual culprit of the episode, just the guy who invented Charlie the Robot.

Another fun fact: Scrappy Doo actually become more of a helpful character in the New Scooby Doo and Scrappy Doo show, and The New Scooby Doo Mysteries. In fact he was essentially the “Fred” of those shows (since Fred wasn’t a regular member of the team at the time).

It really was. That was completely retarded (no disrespect). One of the biggest let downs by Hollywood for me.

• Like 3