#ED

10/11 - 10/13 Wknd Est: Gravity - 44.2M; Captain Phillips - 26M; CWCM2 - 14.2M; Machete - 3.7M

That means the 3D space epic -- starring Sandra Bullock andGeorge Clooney -- will fall less than 20 percent in its second weekend, marking the lowest decline in history for a non-holiday.

20% is already is lowest in history ? For real ?

What about the movies came out in 1980s 1990s.

• Like 1

"Smallest non-holiday drop in history?" Good lord...

Actually no... I think that title belongs to Puss In Boots' second weekend.

"Puss in Boots eased just three percent to $33.06 million in its second frame. That's the smallest non-Holiday drop ever"

Edited by ChD
  • Like 1

I was just gonna say- Ender's Game is the weekend that im going to be looking at in order to decide whether this thing is making 300m or not. I doubt Thor or CF are gonna hurt Gravity at all since most of it's money is going to be made in October. It will have better legs than Thor, CF and Hobbit as well. If anything, those three blockbusters will hurt each other. 

Actually hundreds of movies increased on their 2nd weekends, so THR is full of bullshit ...

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/weekends/smallestdrops.htm?page=SMALLDROPWID&p=.htm

Make it super saturated, meaning 3000+ theaters and add non holiday second weekend. That would put Puss in Boots on first place with a 3% drop.

I was just gonna say- Ender's Game is the weekend that im going to be looking at in order to decide whether this thing is making 300m or not. I doubt Thor or CF are gonna hurt Gravity at all since most of it's money is going to be made in October. It will have better legs than Thor, CF and Hobbit as well. If anything, those three blockbusters will hurt each other. 

Look at 2009 and 2012 holiday season and report back.