#ED

10/11 - 10/13 Wknd Est: Gravity - 44.2M; Captain Phillips - 26M; CWCM2 - 14.2M; Machete - 3.7M

Justin Timberlake has the biggest selling album in the US this year and yet Runner Runner flopped. Britney Spears at her peak flopped with her movie debut. It's a hard feat even for the top pop stars to crossover successfully in the movies. Sure there are cases like J.Lo in the early 2000s but it does not happen that frequently

JLo was in movies before she made music.

Titanic didn't open over 50M. ;)Good to hear. I'm seeing it tomorrow with my fiance. :D

I didn't know you have a fiancé, so will the joyous bells ring anytime soon? Standard procedure: remember to bring tissues for you and your fiancé! And I hope you guys will enjoy the movie :)

Getting hungry for the official Sat estimates

Not sure what CP will do Sat. My theater was only 3/4 full. But it was a 3:55 pm showing.  Gravity is having sell outs galore tonight. The increase should be pretty big.

I didn't know you have a fiancé, so will the joyous bells ring anytime soon?Standard procedure: remember to bring tissues for you and your fiancé! And I hope you guys will enjoy the movie :)

Sometime next year. 

• Like 2

I'm glad  Tom Hanks is 'back' , still my favorite Hollywood actor after all these years ;) To be fair to him during the time he was not having box office hits, he was busy producing stuff on TV and was part of some good projects so even though he was not churning out box office hits anymore, he was still respected and there was less vitriol thrown at him unlike what Johnny Depp is receiving these days with his recent expensive box office duds

Oh yeah  I forgot about the Selena biopic but still the success she had in the early 2000s in both music and movies is hard to achieve these days

She was in a few movies before she made music. It's hard to achieve but it's not like she was a pop star who turned to acting It was the opposite.  Whitney Houston had that type of success.  And then there's Cher, Bette Midler, Diana Ross and Barbara Streisand who had huge music and acting success.

Ooh, that's incredible! Early congratulations :DRemember to share some photos or stories next year with us ;)

Thanks but it's going to be a big hassle. As she wants a wedding in church and my mother will want a traditional Indian wedding so most likely compromise, I'm gonna have to have 2 weddings. 

• Like 1

I want to see Tom Hanks and The Rock do a movie together

I don't care how random that is

Tell me you wouldn't watch it

Tom Hanks. Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson.

Starring in.

The Tooth Fairy 2.

(Couldn't think of a good subtitle)

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 2

Thanks but it's going to be a big hassle. As she wants a wedding in church and my mother will want a traditional Indian wedding so most likely compromise, I'm gonna have to have 2 weddings.

It's okay, you'll get through it. And then off to enjoy the newlyweds life. It'll all be good.

Are Indian weddings as fun as the one in Bend it like Beckham? The music was ridiculous and everybody was rocking.