#ED

10/11 - 10/13 Wknd Est: Gravity - 44.2M; Captain Phillips - 26M; CWCM2 - 14.2M; Machete - 3.7M

Tom Hanks. Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson.Starring in.The Tooth Fairy 2.(Couldn't think of a good subtitle)

I have had strange dreams of The Rock's Tooth Fairy. The image haunts me.

Are Indian weddings as fun as the one in Bend it like Beckham? The music was ridiculous and everybody was rocking.

I've only been to couple but they definitely have crazy feel to them and everything can last for weeks. 

• Like 1

She was in a few movies before she made music. It's hard to achieve but it's not like she was a pop star who turned to acting It was the opposite.  Whitney Houston had that type of success.  And then there's Cher, Bette Midler, Diana Ross and Barbara Streisand who had huge music and acting success.

Yeah Whitney Houston too. I didnt mention Cher and company because they are from a different time and I didn't experience their dominance so hard for me to comment on that.

But today it's really quite hard to achieve that. I think Justin Timberlake may be the closest for that but then he gets duds like Runner Runner. I think JT suits better with light roles like Friends with Benefits or funny stuff since he's so good in SNL but with serious roles he ain't cutting it. He was fine in The Social Network but the awards buzz his publicity team tried to create was hilarious for me

Edited by forg

Yeah Whitney Houston too. I didnt mention Cher and company because they are from a different time and I didn't experience their dominance so hard for me to comment on that.

But today it's really quite hard to achieve that. I think Justin Timberlake may be the closest for that but then he gets duds like Runner Runner. I think JT suits better with light roles like Friends with Benefits or funny stuff since he's so good in SNL but with serious roles he ain't cutting it. He was fine in The Social Network but the awards buzz his publicity team tried to create was hilarious for me

LOL Not really fan of JT's music but I think he's a passable actor. And as strange as it seems, I think Miley Cyrus actually has a lot of talent. I guess it's just so much easier to be a spectacle than an artist these days.

• Like 1

LOL Not really fan of JT's music but I think he's a passable actor. And as strange as it seems, I think Miley Cyrus actually has a lot of talent. I guess it's just so much easier to be a spectacle than an artist these days.

Forget the haters, only God can judge her.

Don't be dissin' JT's music or the stan in me might come out.

I agree Miley is actually talented, she can sing well live and she was good in SNL last week. I actually like Wrecking Ball, quite an emotional song but it's just hard to root for her with all her gimmicks. Sinead's open letter to her was actually for me sincere but then she took the opportunity to stir trouble and create more attention for her.

Edited by forg

Not a fan of Suit and Tie, but Mirrors is one of my favorite songs this year

So how about Carrie? Has it even screened for critics yet? Haven't heard a peep.

Yeah no word yet, maybe screenings next week?

So how about Carrie? Has it even screened for critics yet? Haven't heard a peep.

Now that you mention it, there haven't even been free advance screenings of Carrie anywhere. They really don't seem to want people watching it early.

Carrie will likely get poor reviews because the original is such a classic so it will be unavoidable to compare it.I have a feeling that is really a scene-per-scene remake of close to it with very little variation

I agree Miley is actually talented, she can sing well live and she was good in SNL last week. I actually like Wrecking Ball, quite an emotional song but it's just hard to root for her with all her gimmicks. Sinead's open letter to her was actually for me sincere but then she took the opportunity to stir trouble and create more attention for her.

Actually her singing is average. It's just that her songs are good. I prefer listening to covers of her songs from more talented unknowns. But I agree, she was really rude about the Sinead thing. She is in a rebellion mode.