John Marston

X-Men: Days of Future Past OS thread

Deadline:

X-Men: Days Of Future Past may have lost the 2014 international opening record to Age Of Extinction this weekend, but it is still mutating in 39 markets. The weekend box office was $6.18M for an overseas total of $491.3M. That takes the franchise’s total worldwide box office above $3B. In Venezuela, which was DOFP’s final market to release, it was No. 1 with $1.74M, a 5% drop for a cume of $5.14M.

Dropped only 5% in Venezuela  :o 

By comparison, Cap 2 only reached $4.95m after the third weekend, and still went on to gross $10m. DOFP should pass $10m easily!  :wub: 

And that is just the beginning, there is a holiday coming up next weekend so another really good hold for DOFP should come.

Thanks Venezuela!

You´re welcome  B)

• Like 7

I can see X Men reach a 13-14 million total here. 15m+ is going to be a little hard but its doable.

Thats 8-9 mill more alone. That locks 500 mill if it happens. Maybe even tops TASM2 :)
  • Like 3

Aggregate for Asian markets

China                  $116.5M

S Korea               $33.7M

Japan                  $9.6M

India                     $9.3M

Singapore            $7.4M

Philippines           $7.0M

Malaysia              $6.6M

Hong Kong          $6.5M

Thailand               $3.5M

Taiwan                 no data

Indonesia            no data

Total                    $200.1M

That is 40% of OS total without

Taiwan & Indonesia (which is

a huge market if the studios know

how to market their films there.)

South East Asia alone has a robust

population of more than 600 million

people. 

Edited by zackzack
  • Like 3

Hong Kong          $6.5M

people. 

Taiwan $7.2m as of June,19th

• Like 1

Hong Kong          $6.5M

people. 

I don't think marketing is the problem. It has a potential to be huge with 240 million people. But the number of theaters and screens are still extremely low compared to that population, and piracy is a huge competition for movies here.

No data for DoFP in Indonesia, but I'm guessing around what it made in Malaysia & Philippines, or slightly bigger because WOM was great here. The numbers for action/superhero movies in Indonesia are usually similar to those countries.

• Like 2

720-725 mill WW is the target now

Worldwide:$724,698,000  :D 

Amazing legs especially considering the competition...i think this has $14-15 million more in the tank...5-6 domestic,9-10 overseas....so probably close to $740,000,000.

A few weeks ago i was afraid this wouldn't be able to beat Captain America worldwide...now that seems more ancient than Apocalypse. :lol:

• Like 2

This is just $6 million behind ASM2 coming from an $8 million week...am i crazy to think it's a lock to beat it? 4+2 and that's it,disregarding late legs or better drops...just two 50% drop weeks should do it.

Its very possible. Lets see the number for Venezuela first. I have a feeling that it could do 5 mill alone there
  • Like 2

Worldwide:$724,698,000  :D  Amazing legs especially considering the competition...i think this has $14-15 million more in the tank...5-6 domestic,9-10 overseas....so probably close to $740,000,000. A few weeks ago i was afraid this wouldn't be able to beat Captain America worldwide...now that seems more ancient than Apocalypse. :lol:

Yeah. Late legs ups the target to 740 mill. The next one should have no problem hitting 800 mill WW
  • Like 3

X-Men: Days Of Future Past will pass $500M this week after adding $4.3M from 2,116 screens in 28 markets this frame. Now in its 3rd weekend in Venezuela, its last international bow, DOFP is still No. 1.http://www.deadline.com/2014/07/international-box-office-maleficent-frozen-transformers-extinction-dragon-tammy-edge-tomorrow/

Edited by Sky™
  • Like 3

From Screen Daily:

X-Men: Days Of Future Past will cross $500m on Monday as $4.3m from 2,116 screens in 28 markets boosted the running total to $499.6m. Venezuela was the driver on a $916,000 number one hold for the third weekend that resulted in $6.5m after three sessions.

http://www.screendaily.com/box-office/t4-crosses-400m-internationally/5073860.article?blocktitle=LATEST-FILM-NEWS&contentID=40562

• Like 5

I don't think marketing is the problem. It has a potential to be huge with 240 million people. But the number of theaters and screens are still extremely low compared to that population, and piracy is a huge competition for movies here.

No data for DoFP in Indonesia, but I'm guessing around what it made in Malaysia & Philippines, or slightly bigger because WOM was great here. The numbers for action/superhero movies in Indonesia are usually similar to those countries.

TAI us7.5

• Like 4

Im sure one day a X-Men movie will hit 300m domestically.  It could be Apocalypse... or not. But it will happen sooner or later.

One would guess after Dofp great reception, and with Apocalypse being a bigger, disaster type of movie and having fan favourites Cyclops, Jean, Storm, Nightcrawler and more.... it should have no problem doing much better than Dofp.

excited with the new casting additions for those roles

From Screen Daily:

X-Men: Days Of Future Past will cross $500m on Monday as $4.3m from 2,116 screens in 28 markets boosted the running total to $499.6m. Venezuela was the driver on a $916,000 number one hold for the third weekend that resulted in $6.5m after three sessions.

http://www.screendaily.com/box-office/t4-crosses-400m-internationally/5073860.article?blocktitle=LATEST-FILM-NEWS&contentID=40562

Looks like they are counting PR double and the number is still 497,6